*********** Ignition????... Pre-Oil sitting Viper, MORE help Please....

dunce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More pre-lube

How do I kill the ignition power??? I am going to remove plugs, Spray WD4O or fogger and spin with starter to prime. Plugs out, so much less pressure on main and rod bearings. And prior to that add a quart or two of oil at a high rate to flood the area around "all" the pushrods as to dripple some fresh oil on the cam along each pushrod.

How do you kill the Vipers ignition??

Thanks,
mark

Yellow_OC_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark- You are waaaaaay too worried about starting your car after sitting for 8 months. You are not going to damage the engine. Start your Viper and begin enjoying it. Serious car collectors do not pre oil the engine between long storage (ok, maybe some real anal ones do), the majority make sure they start their cars every once and a while, give a short drive, and keep the battery charged. 8 months is a very short time.......

Wait,,,,,,,,,,
Listen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, can you hear that???

It's your Viper screaming DRIVE ME NOW!!!!!

Go have fun and stop worrying.
:2tu:

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man dunce, Yellow is WAY right!!! I own a car storage business and have cars in non- heated storage for months going on years. Over 26 yrs now no problem on start it up. Just make sure oil pressure is up soon. Also you could crank and stop a few times till oil is up. Don't be concerned!!! The fogging and all that is done before it's stored. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine