Impressions of my new corsa

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, first thanks for all the install advice. It helped. I do have one more thing I learned and that is how to get the rubber hangers off the old muffler mounts that have the enlarged ends on them. One of you stated that you used a small screw driver to work the rubber over the ends. The way I did it was to take a pair of channel locks putting one of the jaws on the metal protruding end and the other on the back of the rubber and squeezed, it easily pushed the rubber off the mount. Here are some observations and a couple of questions.

1. The exhaust tips are a tight fit and the base of the exhaust tubes are actually resting on that metal strip that keeps the bottom of the exhaust opening from drooping. Is that OK?

2. It is loud! I like that!

3. It is MUCH cooler! I can drive and actually feel the side panels and they are warm at the cat but cool at the muffler. This alone makes it worth while!

4. They look good!

5. Now the car sounds like it looks.... BAD!!!!!!

6. The fit and finish were typical Corsa, the best. I had a question and both Jon from parts rack and Jim from Corsa called me to answer my question. Hard to find service like that these days.

7. I probably want some kind or rear cargo carpet now. Any recommendations?

8. Finally I did it by myself over 2 evenings, about 6 hours total including cleaning up after myself!

9. The biggest problem was keeping up with my tools I kept losing my 15MM socket!

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finished my Corsa install along with the Random Tech cats, and love it!

I love the popping and exhaust note.....and I can hardly hear the noisy viper valvetrain anymore!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KGrif can you post a pic of your #1 concern?
You got cool sills without going to hiflow cats?????????
Thanks

OP
OP
K

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper Joe here is the pic (I think)
378metalonpipe-thumb.jpg

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Glad it went well, Ken. Just finished moving some Vipers around...the one with the sound that I like BEST has a Corsa.

By the way, keep ypur eyes open this weekend as we have a ton of members attending the Tall Stacks event this weerkend....mostly on the KY side of the Creek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302