In Car Cameras

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a couple of the guys on here have in-car camera setups in their Vipers.

I'm actually looking for an in-car camera setup to put in a circle track stock car (latemodel). Any help from the guys who have setup these systems, or have looked into these systems would be greatly appreciated!

What I want the camera to do:
-Remote "record" button. ( HANS device + full containment seat = can't reach or see the camera! )
-Size matters. Smaller the better. We've been using Kodak Easyshare Z730 Digital cameras in video mode up till now. Don't want to go tooo much larger in size..
-Must be able to easily convert it, or upload it to a digital computer format.
-Would prefer some way of viewing it in the pits without an actual TV ( built in screen, viewer, whatever)

Thanks! :2tu:

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a bulletcam and a SD camcorder. The camcorder is very small, like 4"x3"x1" and very light. Recording quality: 640X480 (30Fps) MPEG-4.

HERE you can see a pic. The site is in Dutch.

OP
OP
T

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Definately gave me a start.

To give you an example of what we had setup with digital cameras between our two cars:

You must be registered for see images attach

tilt your head to the left for this one, lol:
You must be registered for see images attach

The second image was from the camera that was only used in practice. I decided against using it during actual race time since the mount wasn't exactly "level," and I needed another person to turn it on or I would have to record 5-10minutes of sitting on the grid ( out of reach thanks to my restraints, HANS & Full containment seat

The first image shows me getting wrecked - if you look close. Both images are screen captures of the video we recorded onto Kodak digital cameras.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4