Initial hookup for Battery Tender

VIPER BIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a Battery Tender Plus yesterday. Before I hook it up to the jump posts, I wanted to ask for some advice on whether I need to do anything to the battery to "prepare" it. I have a '95, so I really would like to take the lazy way out & not have to worry about pulling the back wheel to do anything with the battery. But, if it is recommended, I will do it (although I haven't had to do so yet..& would appreciate helpful hints if possible).

From what I understand, I can leave this unit hooked up continuously & not have to worry about the battery from being over charge. Is this correct & do I need to be concerned with the battery being "charged/maintained" in this fashion within a concealed area like it is on the '95's?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I personally have Delran Battery Tenders hooked to 6 vehicles MOST of the time. I have had NO trouble with any of them. However, they ALL have separate surge protectors, and, MORE IMPORTANTLY (IN MY OPINION), I UNHOOK every one of them from the wall plug WELL BEFORE ANY STORM OR UNSTABLE WEATHER comes near....hoping to avoid calling my friendly insurance with the news that lightning fried the electriacl systems on 5 Vipers and a transporter.