Into a 1999 ACR

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, some of you may have noticed me posting up looking for some parts and a few emails to me asked *** are you up to.

So, I'm happy to say I'm back into a Gen II having sold my '09 SRT10 Coupe.

I picked it up from a local guy and it had a small amount of damage. I'm in the process of putting it back together. During the insurance inspection many things were either removed or semi remove and I've reinstalled most of that. The car took a hit on the front fascia which ripped it severly. The radiator, oil cooler, aircond condenser all seem to be fine. I hope to have it up and running within a few weeks and at the track in the early fall.

I want to put out a big thanks to JonB @ Partsrack for helping me make the decision to get this project. He provided some estimates on what it would cost and some guidelines on what to look for. He also helped getting me some HF Metal cats real quick when I needed to get the car to the smog station to finish up the registration. They arrived on a Friday and I passed smog the following Sat afternoon with flying colors. I did have to drive the car a good 60+ miles without mirrors, no headlights, no sidesills and no front fascia and the radiator-oilcooler bungeed into the front but hey....it passed. (waxer's/windbreakers don't attempt this yourself):lmao:

Anyway, I'll see some of you at the track real soon and I hope to be looking for some used parts...adjustable shocks are of note and other track stuff.

:drive:

oh...one finaly note.....Sorry Todd

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
interesting. id ike to see before/after pics

any reason besides $$$ that you decided to switch back to a Gen2 ?

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
interesting. id ike to see before/after pics

any reason besides $$$ that you decided to switch back to a Gen2 ?

It was too fast.

LOL...actually I wanted to get back to the track and run. I ran the '09 twice but really couldn't afford to do what I wanted to do to it and it needed and also run it at the track. It was a great car to take the wife out for dinner or do a road trip, but I missed running at willowsprings.

I had made the decision to get a dedicated track car and bought an '01 Z06 for cheap. Just when I was about to take the sawzall to it, this opportunity pop up so I bought it, then sold the vette for about what I paid for it. The one good thing about the vette is I considered it a "******" so I parked it anywhere.

The Gen II, for me anyway, represents what a Viper is when someone says "Viper". I'll enjoy the project and the accomplishment of saving this one.

01_VENM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn nice.! If it was me I would track the Z and make the GTS the eye candy car

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Gen2

I have a lightly used Mopar/Borla cat-back that I never got around to putting on my '97 if you're looking for an exhaust. Not sure how I'd get it shipped to SoCal though as the box is way to big to fit in my GTO.

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Gen2

I have a lightly used Mopar/Borla cat-back that I never got around to putting on my '97 if you're looking for an exhaust. Not sure how I'd get it shipped to SoCal though as the box is way to big to fit in my GTO.

Thanks...cars already got BB headers and full exhaust. I'm most likely converting to side exhaust and ditching the mufflers.

Carl

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carl, good for you on the Gen II, hope to see you at Willow. I've been cleaning out the garage this week, still have 2 Gen II seat frames (driver/passenger) made for sparco's from Werks II in LA, also have 2 sparco sliders. If you're interested let me know, like to see someone use them. Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson