Is $66,000 a good price for a 2005 black SRT 10 stock but new?

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one located, but am double checking the deal, as I will be taking a MAJOR hit on my Lotus Elise if I do this. Major. Wish I didn't go through the 2003 Viper to Testarossa to Elise circle to get back here. I'm living proof that you "pay to play" :eek:

But I'm thinking about doing it anyway. Opinions.

Anybody want a brand new Lotus Elise - Black on Black 1300 miles. 1000 mile check up done. PM me if interested-- today, please. All real offers above $36,500 (trade in probable value) on this $48,000 car with touring group, hard top and soft top, starshield protection, etc. Basically new.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks like it's in the ballpark to what I have seen. A good price for a new SRT.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you getting it from Hartzheim. I know they had a black 05 there. And a few others. There trying to move quick. I bought mine there and got a good deal. Anyways, that sounds like a fair price. Not bad,considering sticker is around $82K

mdviper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I paid $68k for my 05 red SRT-10 vert........it was sitting for over a year with 7 miles on it in the show-room.

Sticker was $85k

OP
OP
L

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks eveybody. I did test drive an 05 at Harzheim, but they couldn't reach the out of state deal. However, I decided after driving the Viper and the Lotus back to back that I'm not quite done with the Lotus yet.

But I am stunned with what a bargain the left over new Vipers are.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are you selling the Lotus, did you have problems with it. I know you need to be a midget to get in it just like my old bug eyed sprite.

OP
OP
L

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are you selling the Lotus, did you have problems with it. I know you need to be a midget to get in it just like my old bug eyed sprite.

No problems at all with the Elise. 190 hp 4 cyl Toyota/Yamaha engine and drive train re-engineered by Lotus on a 1975 lb vehicle. Unbelievably good handling. Magical. Very hard to get into and out of for a 56 year old guy with tired knees and back (I save what I can for Aikido) Wife can't stand it, and prefers my former Vipers, Vettes, Porsches as being more passenger friendly (passenger footwell about 2/3rds the size of drivers, but with the same racing shell seat. No fun for the passenger). This would be a great dedicated track day car, or daily driver for a younger, more flexible person. I absolutely love it when I'm in it, but then find that getting out of the car a few times a day gets old. Mixed feelings after driving the Viper over the weekend. The Lotus feels far more "alive" and "responsive". Acceleration is not as quick, (0-60 4.9) but corners are achieved at a much higher speed securely. More fun to drive the Elise, but tiring. Still considering Z06, Porsche GT3 and Viper SRT. Or keeping the Elise, which would be the financially prudent move :nana:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte