Is the drivers side supposed to sit lower than the passenger side? ---

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at my car today and it seemed the drivers side sits a tiny bit lower than the passenger side. Is that so when the torque is transferred to the passenger rear it sits flat and transfers smoother?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Measure it. Sometimes it "looks" tilted but really isn't. Regardless, it should be level.

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine sits a little lower on the drivers side too, without anyone sat in it - I believe it's what's called "a feature of the product" (hand built)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seat or the whole car? Obviously the drivers seat gets more wear so over time the cushion will squish down more. But if you mean the whole car then there are ride height adjustments that will correct it.

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am definately not fat , but I cant speak for the previous owner.

It may be tricks of the eye, or the way it is sitting in this particular driveway ... OR as I actually told a friend, it may be the variation of my vehicle since it was hand built?

I will measure it out when I get home and let you all know what I find out.

I was talking about the whole car, not just the seat :) ---

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many miles has the car done? Springs will wear and loose their strength over time. Usually it will be the drivers side to show signs of dropping first as that side of the car gets the most use.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said in the other recent thread on this same subject, BEFORE you measure, cycle the suspension a bit but working the suspension from the rear spoiler. Both hands one on each side, just bounce the car up and down a bit. It may otherwise have a slight set in it after you get out of the car.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should be level. Variations in it being handbuilt would not account for a lower driver's side as that might effect handling.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just put 20's on the left and 18's on the right, problem solved!!! your welcome...

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to Mc Donald's, find some fat people, and give them each a ride around the block. That may over stress the passenger side springs enough to counter balance the damage from a fat previous owner driving your car. You may have to do this a few times until the car is level. Then you will have a custom lowered car with the original springs -a true 'one of one'.

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its sitting level now that I have it out of the driveway it was in, I guess the driveway was slightly angled for rain reasons.

BTW running Eibach lowering springs so I was starting to wonder if there was a flaw in the manufacturing process, thanks guys ---

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good that everything is OK with your car, cuz fat people have a hard time getting in and out of Vipers, and you don't want a bunch of fries under your seats anyway. -Ketchup on your door handle....:omg:

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many miles has the car done? Springs will wear and loose their strength over time. Usually it will be the drivers side to show signs of dropping first as that side of the car gets the most use.

It has 22,000 miles on it right now ... I just put 2k of those miles on in the last week.

It has Eibach Springs installed ... they have been on the car for the last 6 years and 6k miles.

The car was sitting on an uneven parking lot space ... and the drivers side REAR looked to be sagging again (about 1/4" tire gap difference). I noticed the drivers side REAR tire has made very slight contact too ( hit MAJOR dips and bumps through those 2k highway miles I just did ). Maybe the shocks need to be replaced in the back?

The shocks are blue ( I am guessing stock KONIs?) ... thats all I can see right now ... what brands are recommended for lowered cars? Im familiar with Bilstein, do they make a set for us?

The Eibach kit seems to lower the rear 1" and front .6" from what I found while searching ---

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine