June 7th Wine Tasting and BBQ

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Dich Hanson has invited up to his house for a BBQ:eater:, and we will be stopping at the Red Oak Winery for some wine tasting:). They will give us a little tour of there facilty. Some where in between we will go on a little cruise:drive:. We will be meeting at Denny's parking lot which is at intersection of 495 and RT 114. Anyone with a Nav. the address is 160 Wintrop Ave, Lawrence MA 01843. We will meet at 10:00 and leave about 10:15, if you are running late just call my cell # 1-508-717-2698 and we will wait for you. So come out and enjoy the day with us. We need a head count for the winery and Dick BBQ , please reply and note if you are bringing a guest:2tu:.
Perf. Dir.
RICK

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Dich Hanson has invited up to his house for a BBQ:eater:, and we will be stopping at the Red Oak Winery for some wine tasting:). They will give us a little tour of there facilty. Some where in between we will go on a little cruise:drive:. We will be meeting at Denny's parking lot which is at intersection of 495 and RT 114. Anyone with a Nav. the address is 160 Wintrop Ave, Lawrence MA 01843. We will meet at 10:00 and leave about 10:15, if you are running late just call my cell # 1-508-717-2698 and we will wait for you. So come out and enjoy the day with us. We need a head count for the winery and Dick BBQ , please reply and note if you are bringing a guest:2tu:.
Perf. Dir.
RICK

Rick,
I emailed Jerry earlier this week to let him know my wife Sandy and I will be attending the winery and the BBQ.

Mike

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well, if mike is in..... im trying to get babysitters for the day. flip a coin at this point.

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jay, and Mike
I'm glad Mike to see you and your wife can make it. And I hope Jay you can find a baby sitter for winery tour. You can also do like the Canadian Viper club does, they mount the baby seat in between the driver and passengers seat. Option.
RICK

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i am in, boys. bringing the wife also. alex and his wife say they are coming also. this should be a good time. how many of us are going?

j

rhansenjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharon and I can't make the wine tasting and the BBQ is iffy. I have to be in North Hampton, NH at 3:30 pm. What time is the BBQ? We'd like to make it.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rod- Jerry told me yesterday that the BBQ would start between 12 and 1pm. So I am planning to meet up at Dick's for the BBQ at 12-30 -1pm (working in the AM). Vicky is going to see if her mother will be around to watch the kids .

It will take you under an hour to get from Dick's to North Hampton. Rte 95 is about 3 miles from Dick's house. It's a straight shot up Rte 95 to N Hampton.

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone going on the run this Saturday bring your 2 way radio's if you have them. Thanks Rick
Bill it's wine tasting, the Tequila factory tour is nexted weekend. Are you coming

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone going on the run this Saturday bring your 2 way radio's if you have them. Thanks Rick
Bill it's wine tasting, the Tequila factory tour is nexted weekend. Are you coming

Rick,
How do you taste wine with out drinking? Can't do it.

Whats the weather for Saturday?

Bill

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick,
How do you taste wine with out drinking? Can't do it.

Bill

Bill, Since you asked . . .

The following is a brief description of the art of Wine tasting found on "www.DUMMIES.com" . . .

Professional wine tasters long ago discovered that if they swallow every wine they taste, they're far less thoughtful tasters by the time they reach wine nine or ten. So spitting became acceptable. In wineries, professional tasters sometimes spit right onto the gravel floor or into the drains. In more elegant surroundings, they spit into a spittoon, usually a simple container like a large plastic cup (one per taster) or an ice bucket that two or three tasters share.

At first, naturally, some tasters are loath to spit out wine. Not only have they been brought up to believe that spitting is uncouth, but they've also paid good money for the opportunity to taste the wines. Why waste them?

Well, you can drink all of your wine at a wine tasting, if you wish — and some people do. But we don't advise that you do, for the following reasons:

Evaluating the later wines will be difficult if you swallow the earlier ones. The alcohol you consume will cloud your judgment.
Swallowing isn't really necessary in order to taste the wine fully. If you leave the wine in your mouth for eight to ten seconds, you'll be able to taste it thoroughly — without having to worry about the effects of the alcohol.
If you're driving to the tasting, you're taking a risk driving home afterwards if you drink instead of spit. The stakes are high — your life and health, others' lives, and your driver's license. Why gamble?
The simple solution: Spit out the wine. Just about all experienced wine tasters do. Believe it or not, spitting will seem to be a very normal thing to do at wine tastings after a while. (And, in the meantime, it's one sure way to appear more experienced than you are!)

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See Bill there is your answer. Also sounds like a conversation I have with my wife on Sunday morning but a different topic. The weather is suppose to be sunny and mild out about 75 degrees?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick- Not sure if your relaying numbers to Dick. But Vicky and I will meet you guys at Dick's house. Vicky called Jane and I'm confirming Wayne and Jane.

-Jeff

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
great to see everyone yesterday. thanks again to our hosts. mike, did you make it home ok? my car is dead thismorning for some reason. i started a thread. see you all soon.

jay

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Yeterday event was a good one. We had 4 new members show up at the event. We all went for a little drive. Then we stopped by the Red Oak Winery. Afterwards we went to Dick and Norma Hanson house for a BBQ. What an awesome spread they put out for all of us. I sure it is safe to say that no one went home hungry. Hats off to Dick and Norma Hanson for a wonderful day.Thank You from all of us.
Hi Jay
Why was your car dead this morning, any signs of problems going home. Keep in touch. Everyone in the picture at the winery came out, except yor wife. Glenn's head was in the way. Tell Pam I'm sorry.
RICK

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great to see everyone yesterday. thanks again to our hosts. mike, did you make it home ok? my car is dead thismorning for some reason. i started a thread. see you all soon.

jay

Jay,
Yeah, we made it home OK. It ran a lot better on the highway than the short ride from the Winery to Dick's house. John and Terry (from Auburn, NH) were nice enough to ****** us up to Manchester, NH just in case but there were no issues. I read your post about your electrical issues. Good luck and I hope it's just the battery.

Rick and Dick,
Thanks for putting the event together. Sandy and I had a great time. Hope your neighbors were not confusing my car backfiring with people taking shots at them. I swear I saw some of your neighbors hiding behind curtains with a terrified look on their faces. Come to think of it, it was pretty much the same face my wife had in the passengers seat!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang