Just Bought a 97 GTS in North Dallas!

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I just purchased a 97 GTS (Blue and white) in Dallas Texas. The car is high mileage (64K), and has quite a few performance mods:

Belanger Headers
3" exhaust with hi-flow cats
K&N cones
Ported, polished heads, with 5 angle valve grind, rockers etc.
Kevlar Clutch, Aluminum Flywheel
Heavy Duty Axle shafts

The engine was rebuilt at 50K miles. New transmission and rear end at 57K miles.

On the side of the hood reads "Annihilator 750 GTR".

Is anyone familiar with this car?

Paul

OP
OP
E

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The engine was rebuilt because the harmonic balancer came of the crankshaft. Dodge requested that the engine be crated up and sent back to the factory for analysis. Dodge rebuilt the short block. This was when the heads were sent out for work also.

OP
OP
E

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blackgts99:
What did you have to give for it????????, And how does it run????

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought the car after it had been in a minor accident. See photo. I have never driven it, so I don't have any idea how it "runs". I started the engine up after I got the car, (had to put a new battery in it), and it sounded pretty good. I only ran it for 10 seconds because of the damage to the wiring harness from the accident...

I'm going crazy right now trying to get all the work done to the car so I can drive it for the first time!!!!

I'm doing most of the work myself, but had to take the car to the Dealer to check for frame damage. I'm still waiting to get their estimate for the frame rail repair.

Paul

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
E

ewave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alan M 98 GTS NY:
If you paid more than 20K you have been ripped off. The only person that received a good deal here was the previous seller. Good luck on your project!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, if I paid $11,000 was that an OK deal?

Paul