Just Dyno'ed after 3" Corsa Install - 432 HP / 470 RWTQ (pic)

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just Dyno\'ed after 3\" Corsa Install - 432 HP / 470 RWTQ (pic)

Car had just Smooth tubes and K&N Filters ... added new 3" Corsa Cat Back exhaust and 3" Random Tech Hi-Flo Ceramic Cats ... sounds great. And as a bonus, it added 27 HP and 30 TQ and runs much cooler as well.

Here is the curve with the comparison Dyno ...

351Dyno_Comparison-med.JPG

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Just Dyno\'ed after 3\" Corsa Install - 432 HP / 470 RWTQ (pic)

Dang, nice numbers Mark!

Starting to think the whole creampuff thing is a farce on stock/ near stock cars.

I can hear the cam more pronounced in my 97 at idle when with 2000+ cars, in rollons and dyno numbers I really do not see a whole lot of difference.

Cammed cars do seem to respond to full on race exhaust great though, hitting well over 450 on an otherwise stock car, nice!

OP
OP
H

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Just Dyno\'ed after 3

Thanks Ryan. Myself - I love the more aggrerssive "lope" of the 97's ... plan on upgrading that in the future.

I'm with you .. I think the "Creampuff" thing is more fiction than fact.

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very nice.......I hope mine responds like that to mods!

How do you like the sound of the Corsa's?

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very nice gain for those mods. Results seem to vary greatly for some reason.

-- Ken

OP
OP
H

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris, The Corsa has a very nice sound ... it was recommended by many folks and I can see why. Huge improvement over stock, and even Snake Oyl rear muffler delete. That is what I had before the Corsas.

Interesting Ken ... same basic mods, same dyno within 1 HP/TQ number ...more often than not I see dynos vary widely per car even with the same mods. How do you like the 3.55's?

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gadgetmann,
I added the HF Cats and 3.55 gears after my last dyno run. Unfortunately, my baseline dyno was on a Mustang Dyno and my last one was on a DynoJet, so I don't really have a good idea of what kind of HP the smooth tubes and Corsa gave me. I figure the cats and gears will cancel each other out on the dyno, so I don't expect to see much change next time I go down.

As for the 3.55 gears, I added the HF cats and gears at the same time. The car had a completely different feel when I got it back. I was surprised how much louder the cats made it (raspier) and coupled with the gears it felt like much more of a brawler than it did before. The whole character of the car was changed. As my Viper tech said "She's less of a lady now" and I think that sums it up pretty good.

Definitely more of a torque feel especially in the lower gears, easier to break the tires seriously loose in 2nd and requires more shifting. I tend to run one gear higher than I would have before. 6th is now a viable gear to use at legal freeway speeds yet high enough that I still got about 20mpg on my last road trip and around town I still get my usual 11mpg. I don't think I lost more than maybe 1/2mpg with the change. Overall I think it is a good change for accentuating that seat of the pants torque feel we all love about the Viper. I don't think it has a significant affect on the 1/4 mile based on running similar car without the gears. That could also partially be the driver though :)

--- Ken

S

SUN RA KAT

With your same set up and Belanger headers and Roe VEC1 I got 436.1 rwHP and 480.6 rwTorque. Not a big gain over yours with the Belanger headers and VEC1, but I had the Roe Supercharger in mind for the future, where the Belanger headers would help make more power over the good stock headers.

OP
OP
H

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow Kenny, great numbers with that Supercharger! I was pleased with 432 ... thinking of doing Belanger next for inevitable supercharger mod.

Did you notice any low end loss of HP/TQ with the Belangers? My Viper Tech said I would lose low end...

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cool - pretty much the same setup as mine. I didn't dyno before the mods - so it's good see that it made a power difference....

I love the sound of the Corsa!!!!!

S

SUN RA KAT

Wow Kenny, great numbers with that Supercharger! I was pleased with 432 ... thinking of doing Belanger next for inevitable supercharger mod.

Did you notice any low end loss of HP/TQ with the Belangers? My Viper Tech said I would lose low end...

I had Woodhouse put the Belangers, Random Tech Cats, 3" Corsa, S&B air filters and Roe smooth tubes, etc. before I picked up my Viper. All I know is it sure didn't feel like anything was lost at the low end. And lots more even so now with the Roe Supercharger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc