Just got 2001 ACR!!!!

Reaction score
I posted this message earlier about receiving my 2001 ACR and within 10 minutes got 3 e-mails asking for a photo. Here's the message with photo:

I've got a 2001 Sapphire Blue/Silver Striped ACR sitting in my driveway right now. I ordered the car well over a year ago and it showed up last Friday. The car is AWESOME. The rear brakes are larger than my '98, and the newer (2000 on) motor is WAY smoother than the '98. It actually feels like a regular car (no rattling, smooth idle, new car smell...)! I haven't gotten into the ABS yet, but I'm sure by tonight I'll have it all figured out.

I can't thank Bill Pemberton and Bob Woodhouse enough for the effort they put into making it easy for me to get this car. They put a race alignment on it, corner weighted it, lowered it, Porsche deflectors and even did a full detail on the car without me even having to ask. Also, they are both at almost all of the Viper Days events, both National Champions in their respective class (phenominal drivers) and very nice people. They both even offered me to stay at their house when I came to get the car.

The 2001s did go up quite a bit in price, though. My car stickered for over 90K!!!!!! I know Bill has quite a few 2000s that they are willing to make killer deals on. The savings on a 2000 between what Dodge marked up (for 2001) and what Woodhouse is marking down would be phenominal. If ABS isn't worth a ton of money to you, pick up a 2000. The difference between the 2000s up and 1999s earlier is pretty dramatic if the car is to be a daily driver.

I always saw people on this board complimenting Bill Pemberton and Bob Woodhouse and thought they were just kiss-asses. Most people that know me, know that I don't throw compliments around too often. Usually I'm on this board to sling insults and trash-talk, but they really do go WAY beyond great service and they have the best prices you can get to boot.

If you are even considering getting a 2000 or 2001 Viper you HAVE to call Bill (800) 889-1893. You won't even need to call anybody else.

You must be registered for see images

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoy your new ride. Looks great and the color combo with stripes is stunning. I think I am going to repaint my GTS with this combination. Let us know how you like the new ABS. Bob Woodhouse is a gentlemen and great dealer friend to all Viper owners. Glad to see he and Bill took good care of you. BTW. . .are you going to put this one on the track?

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
killer car!i would like to see a pic in the sun.i have a 96 blue and white gts/im looking to get a 2000 or newer in a few months i think.is the heat still in the new cars?are you going to dyno the car?keep me posted. thanks

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful!!! Please post more pics from front in more light.

Per the Dodge site, MSRP including destination fee & gas guzzler tax, a 2000 ACR with stripes is $85,950 while a 2001 is $89,000; less than a 4% increase which isn't much considering the ABS addition.

Generally speaking, the base 2001 GTS increased by $2500 and RT/10 by $2000 over 2000. Other increases include striping ($3000 up from from $2500) and destination ($775 up from $725). The ACR upgrade remained the same at $10,000. Obviously you should get a considerably better deal on a 2000.

Choose your options at www.4adodge.com

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What luck!

The guy bends a rod at the Finals while setting an unassailable pace the first day (again) to win Prepared. Then, he bums a ride and goes from last to 6th in the race group. When most of the rest of us would be agonizing about the prospect of 2 months with our Viper sitting in the garage with no motor, Paul returns home to SoCal with a gleaming new ACR.

Some guys get all the lucky breaks.....

Congrats Paul! Nice ride!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MiamiJeff:
Beautiful!!! Please post more pics from front in more light.

Per the Dodge site, MSRP including destination fee & gas guzzler tax, a 2000 ACR with stripes is $85,950 while a 2001 is $89,000; less than a 4% increase which isn't much considering the ABS addition.

Generally speaking, the base 2001 GTS increased by $2500 and RT/10 by $2000 over 2000. Other increases include striping ($3000 up from from $2500) and destination ($775 up from $725). The ACR upgrade remained the same at $10,000. Obviously you should get a considerably better deal on a 2000.

Choose your options at www.4adodge.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually a 2001 ACR with Stripes will list for $90,100. Not much more , but wanted to give you the actual MSRP.

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw this color today. It is beautiful. Don't know if it will ever show true in a photo, however, as it does different things in different light as wells as from different angles and distances. It is quite dark with a very subtle amount of metallic - unlike my '97's blue, which looks a bit like an old metal flake drum kit in direct sun light. All in all, it's a very elegant color (may even trump steel gray in this regard) and serves to lower the disco quotient a great deal, IMO.

BTW, Dean, turns out the guy can get around okay in a shifter kart, too.

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Paul. Can't wait to see it. You going to be in town for a while? Nice Job in Texas too. Can't wait to see the blue in person. My yellow 2001 just came in and have also had a great experience with Bill. Only difficult part is keeping up with his multiple personalities. Just kidding great person to work with.

Let me know when you will be around. Maybe we can all get together.

Leonard

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations- very sharp!

Paul, was this photo taken in full sunlight? I think the question that several people above are asking (me too!) is:

does the sapphire blue paint pretty much look like black with a few highlights of navy blue in the sunlight or in full sunlight does it look like a very dark blue?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody that can spank me that badly in an equivalent package (and not just once) deserves to be pimped into some REAL racecar tests. I'm working on it....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather