Just had TWINS! Light TWO cigars for me! (PICS)

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wing King,

I don't mean to sound as if I am looking for a tuner war, I would just like to see the hp and tq curve on your system, if you have 600 hp at the rear wheels with the small headers and stock TB's, and that is a "de-tuned system" that is awesome.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Just had TWINS! Light TWO cigars for me! (PICS)

I checked it out this Saturday at the club meeting. It looks pretty awesome. Now turn up the boost you pansy! :D

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

can you tell us price on this system??

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So Dan -- when are you going to make a CA-legal system for the SRT? I might just be able to talk my wife into that...

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your interest (especially Kingman!). I would like to answer
some questions posed. Our system can support up to 1000hp. In other words it has the fuel requirements and boost upgradeabilty for this level of hp. Our
system can be intercooled, but with twins the discharge temperatures are very low and the system does not require intercooling in its base package. Our air in let system also contributes to the low discharge temperature. As far as heat soak, in track testing (we have over 750 race miles on one stock engine 700hp car) the loss of power is about the same as our normally aspirated racecars.

We have limited the hp of our kit on stock engines to a maximum of 640rwhp. If any of you have taken a Viper engine apart you will see the many components
(Such as the rods, rod bolts and bearings) are not built to take the loads that
this high of an hp puts out. I know that many tuners are getting huge numbers on the stock engines. The problem is that the potential for engine failure is possible. I liken it to a 65-year-old man who is in great shape but has a heart attack when he runs a marathon. Our packages are designed to run many years of hard use including track time, without a problem. Our systems are also tuned to
run on 91-octane gas at 8psi without detonation.

For higher hp numbers we recommend an engine built with components up to the job.Big numbers in the short term are great, but we prefer reliability over the long run.

For those interested we have been working on a single intercooled system with Paxton which we can upgrade. It will be a great "bang for the buck" Smog legal system.

Thanks for your interest,

Dan Cragin
DC Performance
310 841 6996
Tech Line 310 925 9579

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

Can you post the dyno sheets for your 640 RWHP application please, I have a friend in southern CA who is contemplating your system along with the Roe system,if you like you can e-mail me with it.

Thanks

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

Can you post the dyno sheets for your 640 RWHP application please, I have a friend in southern CA who is contemplating your system along with the Roe system,if you like you can e-mail me with it.

Thanks