Just installed my new exhaust

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know theres probably a million exhaust threads, but I still thought Id share my .02 Anyways I ordered up a Corsa Track exhaust 3" system and Randomtec Hi-flow cats. Just installed them and.....WOW!!! I love the way it sounds. Its nice and throaty at idle and crusiing, but floor it and the beast awakens. Now this is how a Viper should sound. The last few days Ive been driving with widows down and radio off, just so I could listen to the exhaust.
The system fit very nice also, It took a few little adjustments to get it perfect,but went failry smoothely. Luckily, my buddy had put the same system on his Viper without the cats a few months back ,so I had someone with experience helping me.

Also special thanks to Jon B at Partsrack, he was very helpful the few times we spoke on the phone leading up to my purchase. I could have saved a few bucks on Ebay but it was worth dealing with him, having his experience and help, and the stuff showed up at my place real quick. I like no hassle , quick transactions. He even threw in a couple little Viper memorabilla suprises for me.

SO if you havent done exhaust yet, this is a pretty nice set-up.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats exactly what I have and absolutely love it...especially WOT to scare the crap out of everyone :D

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the install.
I just curious since I am having problems with my 02 sensors. Where are the secondary 02 sensors located on the corsa . Is there any issues with the 02 sensors touching the shielding?

I'm thinking about changing and I would like to know before I purchase this new system.

Thanks
Patrick

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats.

I am planning to install the same set-up shortly. What was the impact on the temperature on the sill and foot wells?

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As far as the 02 sensors, they dont go on the Corsa. The secondary 02's are in the Cat piping, right behind the cat.

And as far as heat, well like evryone said, its cool down alot. I never really notcied a ton of heat on my feet. Maybe Im not that sensitive. But my side sills would get HOT. Almost burn ya to touch them. With the new exhaust,the side sills just get warm. Im very pleased.

And yeah, WOT sounds awesome. It scares some people as you go by, but yet at cruising speeds, or with windows up, it doenst bother me one bit.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike--Probably this would be by butt dyno--how much hp and torque do you think the viper gained. Any improvement in throttle response and etc etc.

I plan to do this system in the near future, but I would like to have the added sound backed up by some gain in hp and tq.

Since this is my first viper(2006 coupe)I would love to hear one with this exhaust system.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike--Probably this would be by butt dyno--how much hp and torque do you think the viper gained. Any improvement in throttle response and etc etc.

I plan to do this system in the near future, but I would like to have the added sound backed up by some gain in hp and tq.

Since this is my first viper(2006 coupe)I would love to hear one with this exhaust system.

Well everyone says you dont gain alot of Hp. So I guess it is strickly butt dyno and hearing this new sound that makes the car feel faster. So its real hard to say. I would hope it added somewhere between 15-20hp. But I keep hearing mixed results. Honestly I didnt do it for power, I did it for sound.And it could be my imagination but the car seems to rev up quicker.

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 05 is still completely stock. I'm going to do a baseline dyno in a few weeks and another after I do the Corsa & cats. I'll post the results.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am not very knowledgeable in the world of cars. So some of the lingo goes right by me.

What did the set up cost?

CAn you get someone else to install?

My friend and I installed it. Not terribly hard, but took about 3-4 hours, adjustings tips, etc. It takes longer then tradtional out the back of car pipes.
Im sure any decent shop could install for you, but having someone with Viper knowledge helps when taking things apart.

As far as cost, talk to Jon B at www.partsrack.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang