Just Ramblin g

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's wrong with this picture?

You must be registered for see images

Nothing except I just noted that the radio is the same as in my ****** PT cruiser. All the great radio and NAV systems out there and this is all we get. The RB1 is plug and play for both the gen 3 and the PT cruiser. For Lambos, the Gallardo, Murcie, and Diablo, you can chose a variety of nice Alpine or pioneer units with full flip up screens, including back up cameras. Oh well, doesn't take away from the Viper but if my PT can have it, why can't the Viper?

Just rambling on...this plus an optional cruise control would make it almost perfect. Hey...lock it in at 70mph and I guarantee you will not get a ticket for being lulled into a very smooth cruise of 90mph! For the puriest, it would still be an option, so the "real driver's" could avoid them (sorry about the PS, PW, Pwr locks, A/C, Remote keyless entry...all those non purist things)

The Viper is great...just had too much coffee today and wanted to share some Viper thoughts.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the fact that a Viper has a radio at all is a luxury item given its purpose-built existance. Look how long it took to get power windows and door locks..LOL. A/C is a nice-to-have option though!!! Growing up all my buds were focused on big stereos and the like...and my old MOPARs were never known for much electronic gadgetry (heck if the gas gauge worked I was happy).. so I just focused on the go-fast stuff. That's why I really love the Viper. Throw-back to the "simpler" times.

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes...you are soooooo correct. I'm from the 50s cruisin' days. We would use 1/2 tank of gas "loping" round and round the drivein joint each evening...where they actually had girls on roller skates bring your orders. No bells and whistles...just raw brute poser, and deep nasty lope, and lots of engine chrome. That was before they coined the California phrase..."if it don't go, chrome it". The really extrovered onew would remove their hoods for that nightly crise. In addition to the rumble, you could catch a glimpse of chrome as he loped buy. Ahhhh...the old 1950 Ford with it's flathead V8 and three dueces with chromed bonnets.

But, this is today! I like bells and whistles too. With options, we could all be happy.

Guess I will just keep daydreaming and appreciate what we have now. Have no desire to return to the "no comfort" zone of early muscle. :nana:

BTW...I grew up in the Los Angeles area...used to cruise Harvey's drivein on Firestone Blvd. in Downey.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The radio is MORE than good enough for my tastes.

On the cruise - YOU ARE DEAD ON!!!

I added cruise to avoid tickets. It should be standard or at least available as an option.

If anyone says it isn't PURE enough for a real, screaming sports car, remember it has AC, PW, PS, PL, and PB.

My '69 Corvette would be considered MUCH purer with NO power options, all power to the rear wheels. OK, I added PS this winter, but after 31 years with me and 240,000 miles I think it should be cut some slack.....

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes...you are soooooo correct. I'm from the 50s cruisin' days. We would use 1/2 tank of gas "loping" round and round the drivein joint each evening...where they actually had girls on roller skates bring your orders. No bells and whistles...just raw brute poser, and deep nasty lope, and lots of engine chrome. That was before they coined the California phrase..."if it don't go, chrome it". The really extrovered onew would remove their hoods for that nightly crise. In addition to the rumble, you could catch a glimpse of chrome as he loped buy. Ahhhh...the old 1950 Ford with it's flathead V8 and three dueces with chromed bonnets.

But, this is today! I like bells and whistles too. With options, we could all be happy.

Guess I will just keep daydreaming and appreciate what we have now. Have no desire to return to the "no comfort" zone of early muscle. :nana:

BTW...I grew up in the Los Angeles area...used to cruise Harvey's drivein on Firestone Blvd. in Downey.

I used to do Harvey's :2tu: Loved that place. On Wednesdays, correct? I lived in Downey for 4 years before I came into the military.