Just two more questions

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently posted about replacing the interior lights on my '98 GTS and got the help I was looking for. After finding the info on the interior lights I saw that going HID's on my car should be simple. My questions are does anyone have a step by step on how to replace them, I believe the bumper needs to come off but I'm ot sure. And two, do they make HID's for the high beams? I found the codes of the OEM high beams but haven't found HID's. :dunno:

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hid's are dead simple and usually plug and play. You don't have to remove your bumper for the headlights. There is an access panel in the wheel well that comes off and then backing plates that cover the headlights that are held in place by wing nuts.

The only thing that will take time is mounting your hid ballast. it's a very tight fit and some of the bracing might have to be trimmed out to cram everything inside the housing.

You must be registered for see images attach

And here is the difference once you change out your dome light to LED :)

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
D

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
how did you connect the fog lighs? because they sent a section of the harness that look light single metal clips that look nothing like the rest. I'm stuck on where to go from here.

OP
OP
D

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
never mind, I got it figured out. I LOVE THESE THINGS!!!

XtraTQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how did you connect the fog lighs? because they sent a section of the harness that look light single metal clips that look nothing like the rest. I'm stuck on where to go from here.

For future reference, can you explain how you got them connected? I'm looking to install HID headlights and fogs in the next couple weeks. Thanks!

OP
OP
D

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For future reference, can you explain how you got them connected? I'm looking to install HID headlights and fogs in the next couple weeks. Thanks!

For the head lights it really is simple plug and play. For step by step instructional, YouTube "diy hid xenon install". It's done by a dealer but regardless of what kind you get, the headlamps will be the same. For the fog it's simple to, I was just nervous because the set I got had plugs that were just metal tips. You have to remove the rubber backing that holds the bulb as well. Remove the bulb from the housing and the ground, in '98 it's a brown wire. This was where I got nervous because I just wasn't sure. But you pull the light from the rubber at the joint. Keeping mind that brown is ground, just plug accordingly. Start with the headlamps and move to the fogs after, it'll help. The video is actually very helpful. Hope it helps you save time that I wasted thinking where the plugs might go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery