K&N air filter kit question

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys,

Just had my car into the shop today for an alignment. They looked at all the other doo-dads. Anyways, my car ended up having K&N filters instead of the stock ones. They are just K&N replacements for the stock filters, not the K&N cone air kit. Anyways, I was wondering is it still worth getting the K&N cone kit now that I have K&N air filters, or would there not be enough HP increase to justify it and it should be spent elsewhere. I was going to do exhaust and K&N kit, but it's always good not to unneccesarily spend money too.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you get he smooth tubes for the K&N filters you would complete the system. The smooth tubes increase air flow over the stock ones and with those filter give you the potential for a 10 to 12 HP increase.

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey that's good. I thought the k and n kit was the cold air kit with the cone filters. Glad I checked with you guys, and its good I saved that money

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey I just looked, and by smooth tubes, does this also mean they are smooth on the outside? Because mine are smooth on the outside, or do i have to take them off and look inside to see if they are smooth or factory?

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is amazing news. I was told it was stock so i expected nothing special done to it. I know this isnt a huge mod, but this saves me money none-the-less. Now onto exhaust :)

thanks for the good news :)