Know this Viper?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see that the 998 recall is not done. That isn't necessarily a bad thing; but, if you want to get it done, there are only a few trustworthy places to do it right, that will be paid for by Dodge. (That is, according to posts on the forums.)

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the catch on that. Might be a negotiation point if I buy it.

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, i really wish i could cuss here... these jokers wouldnt even open the door for me to look in let alone just SIT in the car. No explanation, nothing. Was afraid the seat would tear... im think "listen here you fat ****, have you ever sat in a leather seat and had it rip immediately?". I walked out, pissed. I called (TWICE to get someone to answer) and the 'manager' answered and said he was the one who told the sales people to not let anyone sit in it or test drive it. I said "you expect someone to drop $46k on a car they cant even sit in??? Good luck selling it" and hung up. If i HAD the cash today, i still would have walked for that reason. I worked at a European used car lot in winter 92-93 and never once did my boss ever flinch at letting me drive any of the cars, or letting customers test drive them. Were talking cars that went for a LOT more than $46k... If i were a snotty 21 year old punk nosed kid, i could see the attitude, but not for someone who was obviously (slightly) older than the fat salesman. I have half a mind to take what ever Viper i do get up there to rub it in their noses and make them realize they lost a sale and possibly more if my story keeps them from getting business. I also posted something on their FB page and they havent taken it down lol.

ViperCeeJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their mistreatment is their loss - completely! Cargurus seems sketchy as it is. My 18 year old owns two vehicles and has the means to own more. For people to judge like that, especially potential business, is utterly absurd.
I am sorry it didn't work out but kharma made it so. That Viper's probably not even worth the asking price (for one reason or another) and you would have been disappointed. Keep up the faith and keep looking. The right one WILL come along.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talon, The same thing happend to me back in 1995 when I bought my first Viper, Found a good dealer and ordered it, when it came in I drove it to the ass wipe dealer and showed them my new Yellow RT 10, left 100 feet of tire smoke on there lot.:D

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best place in my opinion is Woodhouse, Got my 99 GTS there, Great Dealer.

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their mistreatment is their loss - completely! Cargurus seems sketchy as it is. My 18 year old owns two vehicles and has the means to own more. For people to judge like that, especially potential business, is utterly absurd.
I am sorry it didn't work out but kharma made it so. That Viper's probably not even worth the asking price (for one reason or another) and you would have been disappointed. Keep up the faith and keep looking. The right one WILL come along.

Yea, i know its not worth the money, but even with my limited knowledge (compared to most on here), i know i still knew more about that car then they did. Asshats...

Talon, The same thing happend to me back in 1995 when I bought my first Viper, Found a good dealer and ordered it, when it came in I drove it to the ass wipe dealer and showed them my new Yellow RT 10, left 100 feet of tire smoke on there lot.:D

I could understand if i was some snot nosed little 21yo punk, but not someone with a fairly nice car and obvious grey(ing) hair.

The best place in my opinion is Woodhouse, Got my 99 GTS there, Great Dealer.

Yea, but way out of my price range.

Now would be a good time for introspection.

I find it weird both front fenders are missing the outer seals.

Yea, good catch, i thought something was missing, "collection car" my ass. If it was, it wouldnt have headers im sure...

:lmao::rolaugh: .............

Just come out with it, do you want me to get a Viper or not? I dont understand your animosity towards me...

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just come out with it, do you want me to get a Viper or not? I dont understand your animosity towards me...

Oh stop with the thumb sucking already. I wouldn't have offered to help if I felt otherwise. I don't owe you an explanation for anything I post. :nono:

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Talon--
There is a guy in Orlando with a 97 Red GTS 28K that wants 45K. Car looks real good. Contact Cathy Smiley for info.--Dave

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talon--
There is a guy in Orlando with a 97 Red GTS 28K that wants 45K. Car looks real good. Contact Cathy Smiley for info.--Dave

Thanks, but a red car is near the bottom of my list. I have a line on a black and b/w GTS for much less than that. I think I'm gonna end up with a Gen III for now, looks like ill need a sub 30k car and there's one an hour and a half away and Janey knows him I appreciate the heads up for sure

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know where there is a Gen 5 Red that can be had mid 50s. 19K miles. It is a buy back but has a better warrenty now. Still original engine.

OP
OP
T

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realize the Gen III's are commonly confused with Vettes. And 98% of Vette owners are grayish, rapidly balding fat bastard braggarts.

You do realize you said "get the Viper you can afford"?

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Talon, what are you looking for? I'm selling a 2001 Acr & 2001 RT-10, I sent you a PM

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 12