Last minute CT Fall Run Sunday Oct. 31st

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone want to join up for a run Sunday morning, meet up at the commuter parking lot Exit 26 (Rte 70 Cheshire) on I-84. Commuter lot is located right next to the I84-West entrance. Meeting time: 9:30, leave at 9:45 sharp.

The foliage looks great right now, weather for Sunday is mostly sunny with highs in the mid 50's

We'll cruise RT 8 North up to Winstead and find somewhere to stop for a gas and bathroom break. Then cruise across US 44 through North Canaan and pick up RT 7 in Canaan. We'll stay on RT 7 and end up at 1st and 10 sports bar in New Milford for lunch. Total drive time, not including stops, is 2 hrs. The plan is to be at 1st and 10 when they open at noon. Any not wishing to take the drive can meet us at 1st and 10 if you just want to have some great food and shoot the bull with us.

1st and 10 sports bar, Sports Bar serving New Milford, CT sports bar new milford, ct., 1st and 10 sports bar, 1st and 10 sports bar, New Milford

507 Danbury Rd
New Milford, CT 06776

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can make lunch at 1st &Ten at noon, but Zoe can't...got booted out by my son! Would like the drive, but kind of out of the way to go up there only to come back down here. :)

See you guys tomorrow.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hummmmmmm, not a huge rush to go! Well, no matter, get a chance to take the RT for one of the last nice (not too cold) days, see some of the members and have lunch with my son....not too shabby in my view!:2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, and yes, the weather is looking really nice...almost good enough for me to take my new hardtop off, uhhhhhh, not quite!:D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:DOnly a few of us showed up, partly due to last minute and partly due to other event (s) previously planned.

My son and I had a very nice time, relaxing, eating and laughing. It was a pleasure meeting Steve & Maria, Shannon and of course, seeing Jimmy.

Thanks Jimmy for setting this up at the last minute.

Look forward to a great 2011 calendar of events. Will try to make the Christmas party, but at this point, just not sure if we will be in town at that time.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jimmy did his usual...lots of picture taking, so expect more pics later...including inside!

Peter

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy!!!! Sorry I didn't make this cruise I wound up at Captree and wanted to get one Captree in before the winter. Was Will's girl working today? :D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you tell...they're almost all blonde, they just come in different heights! We had baby bear, but momma bear and poppa bear were also walking around.:D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both Tony and myself remember Peter it's not that hard ;) Besides I never forget a face!

Ok one was built like a sturdy athlete and was more of a brunette than blonde, there was a petite but very cute brunette girl not wearing the striped shirt and black pants (Tony you remember this one too!), a tall and slim blonde and one that had golden blond hair with a PERFECT hot body who is the one we are talking about.

Does "I don't see you anywhere on the menu" ring any bells :smirk:? She was standing directly next to you on your right side at that moment.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were three blondes there today, as I said in three different sizes...we had the shorter one. But, I do recall a tall nicely built blonde....and then there was.....

Oh well, a whole bunch!:D

And, Zoe was there with us, but sitting under the dash board...oh, the life of a stuffed animal!

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, have a safe and fun cruise :drive: Thanks for all your help :2tu:
Thanks Adrian! Looks like you guys had a great time. Not sure when I'm putting the car away,but will be soon. Hope to maybe make it down to the island one more time before then.

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:DOnly a few of us showed up, partly due to last minute and partly due to other event (s) previously planned.

My son and I had a very nice time, relaxing, eating and laughing. It was a pleasure meeting Steve & Maria, Shannon and of course, seeing Jimmy.

Thanks Jimmy for setting this up at the last minute.

Look forward to a great 2011 calendar of events. Will try to make the Christmas party, but at this point, just not sure if we will be in town at that time.

Jimmy did his usual...lots of picture taking, so expect more pics later...including inside!

Peter
Your hard top looks great Peter, I know Zoe was appreciating it keeping her warm, while we were inside having a good time. Thanks for coming Peter, Steve and Maria it's always nice to see you again, thanks also to Shannon for joining in on the fun and for the tour of Kent Falls after. The slideshow is uploading and I'll post it soon. Some masked ghoul made a showing I heard.

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both Tony and myself remember Peter it's not that hard ;) Besides I never forget a face!

Ok one was built like a sturdy athlete and was more of a brunette than blonde, there was a petite but very cute brunette girl not wearing the striped shirt and black pants (Tony you remember this one too!), a tall and slim blonde and one that had golden blond hair with a PERFECT hot body who is the one we are talking about.

Does "I don't see you anywhere on the menu" ring any bells :smirk:? She was standing directly next to you on your right side at that moment.
I don't think I've seen her since that day. I think she was too heartbroken when you left. She didn't even get your number. Peter is right, too many blondes that look almost alike to remember one specific one.

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy!!!! Sorry I didn't make this cruise I wound up at Captree and wanted to get one Captree in before the winter. Was Will's girl working today? :D
I understand Tony. Hope to see you at more CT. events next year, I think we've got a good handle on them now and will have more Vipers out in CT next year as the word spreads that there are things to do in CT. Who knew? lol

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again, Jimmy!

By the way, the Kent Falls run was one that I mentioned would be a fun event. The roads up there are fun to drive and pretty smooth, not to mention the beautiful view of the hills and the falls....maybe next year!

Oh, thanks for the compliment on the top...Zoe had fun sleeping.:D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand Tony. Hope to see you at more CT. events next year, I think we've got a good handle on them now and will have more Vipers out in CT next year as the word spreads that there are things to do in CT. Who knew? lol

Absolutely!!! We need to get the CT numbers back up. I ran into not 1, not 2 but THREE yellow Gen2 Vipers in Cheshire. One lives just a couple of miles from me...a Gen II Yellow GTS/Black stripes and is a police officer in town. :D Another solid yellow Rt/10 owner lives just over the Wallingford line. The other Yellow/Black GTS owner lives in Plainville. I thought I was going insane seeing these yellow Vipers last week...:omg: It was fun trying to chase them down in my DD. :D I'm pushing to get these guys signed up. We have more Viper owners in CT...it's just a matter of getting the word out to these folks. The guy in Cheshire didn't know about the VCA! :omg: Add Poundstone to our list and that's easily another 4 CT Viper owners ready to cruise. :2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ugh!!!!!!! You found not one, not two but THREE yellow Vipers??? So, if you add yours, you could put them all together and would finally be as fast as RED!:D

Meanwhile, in my small town of New Fairfield, we have two other (or more) Vipers - one yellow RT (some mods) and one B&W GTS. I have only seen the yellow one three times since moving here and have never seen the B&W...only heard about it from my dentist (who has a Cobra). I also think there is a black/red stripe ACR running around.

I suspect none of these are in the VCA, but can't ask them to join if never see them!:eater:

Hope we can get a good CT turnout in 2011!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect none of these are in the VCA, but can't ask them to join if never see them.
Hope we can get a good CT turnout in 2011!

Oh, I chased some of them down which was funny because the officer thought I was trying to race him in my ****** BMW, LOL. I sent them VCA enrollment forms, it's not if but when they join.

Regardless, Jimmy is doing a magnificient job with CT. The more he's out there the more visible we are and the more CT-based Vipers will come out from hiding. The trick is getting them to join/be aware of the VCA. Maybe CT will become the Yellow Viper haven....be afraid be VERY afraid! :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen her since that day. I think she was too heartbroken when you left. She didn't even get your number. Peter is right, too many blondes that look almost alike to remember one specific one.

Heartbroken over a guy she had never seen before until then? I'll believe that when pigs fly :rolaugh: Had intended on giving her my number but she was nowhere to be found when we left! Guess it's like you said and she was not interested.
With my usual luck she was already occupied for all I know anyways, always the same damn story :(

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again, Jimmy!

By the way, the Kent Falls run was one that I mentioned would be a fun event. The roads up there are fun to drive and pretty smooth, not to mention the beautiful view of the hills and the falls....maybe next year!

Oh, thanks for the compliment on the top...Zoe had fun sleeping.:D

Peter, I remember the suggestion of Kent Falls and you're right, it would be a great run. :drive:Now that we've been to 1st and 10 numerous times and the food is always great and Chuck always reserves places for us and treats us so well, we know where to go to eat! So much has been going on in the club lately it's hard to fit it all in! I think that's a good thing. :) When we get together to make the schedule next year I have to try and get many events in that we tried in CT this year into the schedule at the get go. :2tu:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely!!! We need to get the CT numbers back up. I ran into not 1, not 2 but THREE yellow Gen2 Vipers in Cheshire. One lives just a couple of miles from me...a Gen II Yellow GTS/Black stripes and is a police officer in town. :D Another solid yellow Rt/10 owner lives just over the Wallingford line. The other Yellow/Black GTS owner lives in Plainville. I thought I was going insane seeing these yellow Vipers last week...:omg: It was fun trying to chase them down in my DD. :D I'm pushing to get these guys signed up. We have more Viper owners in CT...it's just a matter of getting the word out to these folks. The guy in Cheshire didn't know about the VCA! :omg: Add Poundstone to our list and that's easily another 4 CT Viper owners ready to cruise. :2tu:
I know Tony, I keep running into CT Viper owners who aren't in the club at car shows. :cool: All my membership apps were given out and I had to ask Adrian for more. Think I gave out 15 this year. Let my sister take the Viper to a car show, nice guy that I am :D, and she called me and told me there were 3 CT Vipers there. So I hopped in my truck and went there and made contacts. There are two brothers with Vipers, their sister has one also, and their friend was there with one. I'm sure they will join us next year. The brothers used to be in the club, but left because all the events were in NY. I told them we have events in CT now, average of two a month this year. Trying to get the word out on the street! lol People have mentioned the yellow Vipers up near you, I just thought it was you they were seeing. :omg:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, I chased some of them down which was funny because the officer thought I was trying to race him in my ****** BMW, LOL. I sent them VCA enrollment forms, it's not if but when they join.

Regardless, Jimmy is doing a magnificient job with CT. The more he's out there the more visible we are and the more CT-based Vipers will come out from hiding. The trick is getting them to join/be aware of the VCA. Maybe CT will become the Yellow Viper haven....be afraid be VERY afraid! :D
You're too kind Tony! But watch it on the yellow Viper thing, black is fastest, and uses the least amount of gas! :lmao:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heartbroken over a guy she had never seen before until then? I'll believe that when pigs fly :rolaugh: Had intended on giving her my number but she was nowhere to be found when we left! Guess it's like you said and she was not interested.
With my usual luck she was already occupied for all I know anyways, always the same damn story :(
Already occupied, now that is funny!!:rolaugh: