License plate holder.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a new license plate holder especially for the front. Any recommendation on custom products?
P.S. Is a front plate the law in NJ?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AviP:
P.S. Is a front plate the law in NJ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Does it matter? Ever consider civil disobedience?

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MGW makes a very high quality rear plate holder. Check out George's site www.mgwltd.com All of his product's are top of the line and his customer service is awesome. I don't know of anyone who makes a custom front plate holder. We have a front plate law in Illinois, however 99.9% of the Viper's don't display them. I got one warning ticket so I bought(Ace hardware) 4 small suction cups and put them in the plate holes and attached it to the inside, lower center, of the windshield. Works great. Is it legal? Don't know, but I haven't been stopped again. Good luck!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live here in New York state which requires 2 plates. Even thought i argued for an exception due the lack of ground clearence. So i called my local pd and was advised no front plate is only a equipment violation not even a moving violation. And no local officer would ever cite me for it .. and if they did it is only a $25 fine.... but i was warned by the nice local officer that the state police will ticket you ever time if traveling on
the nys thruway...

my advice dont ruin the car !!! forget the front plate!! mine is
in the pocket behind the passenger seat just incase i park it some where for like an hour.. which hasnt happened yet...
hope this helps
smile.gif

pauljkopick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
avip-if you really want to put a front plate on i will send you one that i would never use,it came with the viper.in fact i have two,pay for postage & you can have it.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The plate holder I made does not require any drilling. Just buy some 1/2" weather striping for the back of the plate and the brackets. It hasn't moved since I put it on. I also have a clear cover on it. On the cover, you have to modify (Cut) the bottom middle lip so that it is flush, as it would rub on the middle facia if it were not modified.