Local Gen IV (?) roll over in Chesapeake Virginia

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Sunday, a local Viper owner went for a drive and did not engage the traction control in his right foot. The paper says he is in the hospital with non life threatening injuries. Club members who know of this car say he has only had it a few weeks. As far as we know, he is not VCA, but we wish him a speedy recovery and based on the pics, he is a very lucky man. The accident happened in Chesapeake Virginia.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lucky he did not fry himself with all those wires. Ugly! Ugly! Every accident, I am sure, gets logged and with each accident, electronic adds get that much closer.

Hope he recovers.

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WoW. Bummer.
:(
Last convertible rollover I went to the driver ended up with his head wedged between the top of the driver's door & the ground. He was a gonner. This guy is LuH-Key.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Hope the driver is OK.

Just thought of an odd question for the SRT Verts - So IF the roll hoops are not meant for roll-over protection - why even put them in? They seem to mount to a fairly substantial part of the frame - so why not make them out of a heavy gauge steel. I realize that they would not be as good as a full roll bar - but it would have to be better than the thick wall aluminum tube they currently use :dunno: ?

Last edited:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the hoops are stronger than they appear, I think they are not called "roll bars" for liability reasons....I wouldn't want to test that theory...just a thought

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened to the windshield frame.? I thought thats not supposed to collapse like that unless you flip off a cliff or roll it a bunch of times....Damn thats one lucky guy.:omg:
That picture is one plus for owning a coupe or to have a real roll bar in your vert.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the hoops are stronger than they appear, I think they are not called "roll bars" for liability reasons....I wouldn't want to test that theory...just a thought

No, they're not. I've got a set downstairs that came out of my old 03 when I put in the Autoform Rollbar. They're garbage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang