Looking at a Viper....

Dewain27

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am currently an owner of a Honda S2000 and am about to pay off the car. I fully intend to keep it and am looking for another car to buy towards the end of this year. I want something that is rare to see on the road and different from my current car but still a sports car. I really am looking at a 04 or 05 Viper and wanted to get opinions as to if you guys think that this car is worth the money and how much I should pay for a new Viper if I buy one. I do like to run race tracks and even rent them for the Atlanta S2000 club. I want the car to have a following like my current car and want the people to be as into their cars too. Please give me your feedback and see if I am on the right track.

Thanks,

Dewain

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper club. Personally, I would look into a pre-03. I like the looks of the earlier cars as do many others on the boards.

Whatever you do, be careful driving the first time. Going from a high-reving hp car to a low-end torque car with be like night and day.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll echo Steve's comments. Very different cars. Depends on what you are after... Best of luck. And yes, both cars are worth the money.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Pre-03 cars are great cars. I think, just like many others, that they look a lot better. Did you repaint your S2000? Price is determinable one several levels. First the cost of the car, and if you are talking a new one you are looking at anywhere between $75,000 and $83,000 plus tax. Are you looking to finance the car or cash purchase? If financing how long as it could be pretty expensive due to interest. I recall looking at contracts and the interest on them were $10,000 over the period. It is all a number game. Just do your research and you will be fine. If you need help with anything I am here for ya.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally like pre 03 vipers myself.

Hey F355 I have been this ever since i first saw ya sig so im going to finally ask ya.

What do you have done to the Civic to make her a speed demon??

so to interupt this thread with that but im just wondering

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha. That is pretty funny that you ask that. There is nothing done to it. I am not into that "ricer" type of thing. I just said that because I always get the questions, how can you drive that after a Viper? It is not that bad and gets me where I need to be. Funny thing is I bought it as a daily driver and the Viper still has more miles on it in one year than the Civic. I put 15,000+ on the Viper in one year and 8,000 on the Civic in one. I guess the evidence of which one is driven more is there. ;)

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dewain - I'm with go fast on this one also. I went from an '02 C5 to an '03 SRT-10 and have broken the back-end loose 3 times already. When I say "broken", I mean the rear of the car was was pointing the direction the front should have been... It's like driving a pendulum and I dig it :2tu: Torque is way too underestimated nowadays since everyone is always hyping horsepower, until you've got 400-500lbft at the wheels... I too like the looks of the GTS coupes over the SRT but I had an offer I couldn't refuse so I got the '03. Good luck in whatever you get. BTW, I picked up my new '03 for $75k which is pretty decent (I've seen higher and lower) but I got offered a really good trade-in value on my C5 so that's why I went with the '03. I've had no issues to date other than a sunburn and perma-grin. Wanna get looks, drive any convertible. Want to get stared at, pointed at, waved at, whistled at, stalked, followed, grinned, smiled, winked, lazed, ka'd, k'd, choppered, cessna'd etc...get a VIPER. You get looked at like a rockstar, seriously.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahah thats cool and im glad to see your not into the ricer thing thats the best answer you can give lol.

I wish i got to drive my viper even every other day.

My mustang is my daily driver (315 rwhp) and i can still smoke most of the comp around here.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do like to run race tracks and even rent them for the Atlanta S2000 club.

The SRT-10 will amaze you as a track car and since some folks think it looks like an S2000 you shouldn't have any problem tracking with the club. Just don't pop the hood.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahah thats cool and im glad to see your not into the ricer thing thats the best answer you can give lol.

I wish i got to drive my viper even every other day.

My mustang is my daily driver (315 rwhp) and i can still smoke most of the comp around here.

A Mustang for a daily? How do you survive in the winter with snow? hehe. Oh well. At least you still have a performance car everyday. I need to REALLY push the pedal to get a LITTLE bit of power feel in the Civic LOL!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang