Looking for a powder coater. Who did you use?

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to get my valve coves and intake powder coated and I can't find anybody in my area (Central Florida). Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thank you all for your time!

Steve

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Steve, call Sean Roe. Powdertech is who he uses and they do great work. I don't have their phone number, but he will.

Mike

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Powder coat valve cover is a bad idea. They are Magnesium and porus. You are better off painting them I can send you pics of mine painted.

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PRORACER1:
I need to paint mine also.........
Please send or post pictures.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
we are able to do full chrome and powder coat on anything, but "proracer1" was 100% right on it was a bad idea of powdercoat the valve cover, due to it's all Magnesium...the best way is just get fully polished...but powdercoat the intake is no problem...but i think chrome looks better..i will post some pictures of this full set of brake calipers when we done with them in RED, if need any more info...please pm or e-mail us...thanks

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you tell me why powder coating the valve covers is bad? What will happen? I ask for them to be chemically stripped, I know sand blasting magnesium is a bad idea, but have not heard of powder coating itself being bad. I just did mine, they look awesome.

OP
OP
V

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score
proracer1,

I really don't know what is best. For some reason I thought that powder coating would be best because the parts get “baked”. Please send me some pictures if you can and maybe information on the company that painted them for you. I am worried that if I paint the valve covers the paint will peel after a few years because of all the heat. Even the hi temp paint on the gas grills eventually peels off.

Venomblue550,

You agree with proracer1. Do you actually do the work or do you have someone that does it for you? Is there a technical answer as to why the paint will stick on Magnesium better than the powder coating?

Thank you all for your input and help!

Steve
[email protected]

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had no problems with my powdercoating.

42Viper_Engine-1-med.JPG

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had numerous engine items powdercoated, including valve covers. The paint is holding up fine. Shouldn't be hard to find a good powder coater in your area. Most all of the work is in the prep. You must have the parts stripped and use a special heat resistant tape to mask off the Viper logos. I did it myself with an xacto knife, don't be afraid to use a lot of blades to get good, clean cuts. Good Luck. I will try to post a picture.

tmcalist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can call Larry Macedo as well. Had mine painted and it looks great.
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960