Looking for an 02 FE

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are you expecting/willing to spend on the 'right' FE with less than 2,500 miles? Inquiring minds would like to know. Sold mine in November and am having withdrawals - may need to grab another. What is a realistically fair price with what you've seen so far...?

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you expecting/willing to spend on the 'right' FE with less than 2,500 miles? Inquiring minds would like to know. Sold mine in November and am having withdrawals - may need to grab another. What is a realistically fair price with what you've seen so far...?

Ask me again once I purchase one. :D

Reaction score
I do have a gorgeous one and the car is really clean. The paint glows and runs perfect!!! It's a STEAL at 49,995. 16K miles. One of the fastest "stock" cars I've ever owned. I'll try to get some pics, non cell phone this time :)

Regards,
Doug Levin
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Red_Viper_028.jpg

Red_Viper_017.jpg

Red_Viper_027.jpg

Red_Viper_026.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Red_Viper_018.jpg

Red_Viper_014.jpg

Red_Viper_032.jpg

Red_Viper_034.jpg

Red_Viper_022.jpg

Red_Viper_038.jpg

Red_Viper_042.jpg

Red_Viper_037.jpg
[/FONT]

Last edited:
V

venms96

Sold mine in November and am having withdrawals

Can I ask why YOU sold your FE ?? Just curious..........

I know you weren't some Joe Perry fanatic, but just a cool thing to mention about the car, but forget all that overly hyped, who owned the car crap - why did you sell your FE ?

Reason I'm asking - I was on the verge of selling a beauty, and changed up - for now. Just wondering what your reason(s) were, and did you expect this type of seller's regret ?

Thanks.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Living in the depressed state of Michigan, I 1/2 heartedly put it up for sale not expecting to get a buyer. A very AVID Joe Perry fan saw the ad (in these classifieds), called me and ended up living only 10 miles away. He loved the car and I struggled for several days over whether/not to sell. Accepted offer due to starting a new company and was expecting 2nd child in Jan. He guaranteed me 1st right of refusal if he ever sells. No big deal, just a car, but the new company is up/running, 2nd chld is now home, healthy and I'd like another Viper. Considering FE or ACR or '06 VOI9 or '06 VCA coupe. We'll see... Definitely looking for a very good deal with very low miles... Not in a hurry - have chatted w/ some great forum members regarding their ACR cars but haven't pulled trigger. Yet.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW! I hadn't seen that one listed on Ebay. It was listed as an rt/10. An '01 sapphire/silver ACR with 5k for $52,500 is unreal.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called and spoke with the dealer to verify deal went through. Said the auction only lasted 12 hours and when I spoke to him @ 4:30pm Eastern the car was already paid for and in a trailer. Hopefully the car is right for the buyer.

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So they ended the auction early and accepted the bid without waiting to see if someone else was going to bid before the end of the auction?:bs2:AND it's paid for AND it's already in a trailer:rolleyes:

[Aquote=FinalEd357;2506641]I called and spoke with the dealer to verify deal went through. Said the auction only lasted 12 hours and when I spoke to him @ 4:30pm Eastern the car was already paid for and in a trailer. Hopefully the car is right for the buyer.[/quote]

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called and spoke with the dealer to verify deal went through. Said the auction only lasted 12 hours and when I spoke to him @ 4:30pm Eastern the car was already paid for and in a trailer. Hopefully the car is right for the buyer.

I did the same, way before posting:) There was nothing wrong with this car. It was a 1 owner car, last registered with 10 miles on it, in 2002

Last edited:

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Ford GT, any year - any mileage - and would someone please find me the 150k (that's the bottom of the barrel price) too, I swear I'll pay ya back ! :2tu:[/quote]

Do you need some of it or all of it?:dunno:

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, the car is in and Toby e-mailed very knowledgeable about the right questions to ask. I have it listed on my web site and yes the dealer emblem on the back has been removed, The under carriage of this car is immaculate. As always will entertain trades, houses, boats, motorcycles, especially Ford GT's. I am trying to find a Heritage if anyone knows where I can get one. I have a new incredible toy I picked up Friday I will post pictures on Tuesday after I inspect the car and pay for it....... Stay tuned it is pretty incredible.

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Toby, have you pulled the trigger yet?

Not yet. Every time I get close to making a decision I get 3-4 more examples PM'd or emailed to me. I can say that Bernie has been the class of the group so far with communication and proper presentation.

No joke, I have reviewed over 10 FE's in the last week or so ranging from VERY low miles and asking prices into the high 60's to ones with just under 20K miles for high 40's.
I bet if I waited long enough I could have a complete summary on 50% of the FE's made. :rolaugh:

While it's a blast to have so many to choose from it's kind of overwhelming. I thought when I entered into the market again I would have a tough time finding an example to my standards but I was wrong. It might also tell me to wait for 02 FE prices to come down to "my reality" :drinker: in reguard to todays economy. Who knows really other than it's fun to be in a buyers market. :tz: