Lowering my SRT...

MarkRx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How big of a process is switching out the stock springs for some eibachs?

My 04 sits on 18/19in HREs and needs to get lowered. Im somewhat mechanically inclined, but not sure if this is something I should make a weekend project out of or should better off leave it to someone that knows what theyre doing.

Does anyone know of someone in the CT area they would trust to let them work on their viper and what may be a fair price to have this done?

Thanks...

Heres a pic of the car...Lots of gap huh?

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

V10BAT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi mate
not to bad a job.you will need spring compressors,you also have to tightern the shock bolts with the weight of the car on the ground.in the shop manual they show a fixture
so you can put the weight of the car on the shocks,and have access to the top bottom bolts.
hope others will chime in,i have only told you what i know,NOTwhat there is to know.:D
also they say those springs are good for 3/4" drop.:confused:.mine looks like it will need 1 3/4"
maybe 2".hope you sort it,and love those wheels. later :)

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is a pic before dropping the car with the eibachs.
You must be registered for see images attach

and here is one from after

this is a pic with a one inch drop all the way around on stock 18/19 wheels

and here is a pic with 19/20 forgelines

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since you are in South CT, I'd recommend you just take a ride down to Tators Dodge (they are easily accessible from the Meritt and 684).

Chuck is going to be under the radar this week but give a call next week he'll get you set up. I went with KW coilovers on my car, so I can't offer much insight on the springs.

Clean car you have there....I like the color ;):D

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
If you are going to do it yourself - do yourself a BIG favor and get a hydraulic spring compressor. The manual screw ones will frustrate the heck out of you!

OP
OP
M

MarkRx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and the pics. Ulllose, thats definetly the look im hoping for.

I was thinking about giving Tator a call too.

Thanks guys.