Lowering with Forgeline VR'1

Baddasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lowering with Forgeline VR\'1

Hi All,

I installed the Forgeline VR1's wheels with Michelin 295 30 19 in the front and 345 25 19 in the rear. The front gap between the tire and the fender well is about an 1 1/2 but the rear is about 3 inches..I was thinking about lowering the car with the pro eibach springs but i'm afraid the fronts are going to rub..Has anyone with these wheels and tire size lowered there car? I would really appreciate any feedback on this. What is the best way for me to lower the car without having the fronts rub..

Thanks in advance

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Lowering with Forgeline VR\'1

I have the same size rims (19" HRE's) with the same tires. I have lowered my car 1 1/2" with both the Eibach springs and the NW Engineering lowering cap - with no rubbing.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have 19" HRE's with the 1" taller tire combo (295/35 & 345/30) and with my car already lowered around an inch the car looked ricer slammed, but nothing rubbed while driving. I've since raised it back up around 1/2" (I have adjustable coilovers), but the only issue I've had is some difficulty opening & closing the hood because it wants to catch on the larger tires.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anybody with 19" wheels must turn their wheels to the side before opening the hood! This is the only rubbing that occurs.

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm running the Eibach's with 19" VR1's and 275 fronts. No special hood opening procedures required. :)

OP
OP
B

Baddasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone else have these 19" wheels with the same tire size? Where are all the Forgeline VR1 guys!!Have you guys lowered your car?

VENOM600HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Baddasp, where didyou get your wheels This is Pat Mullins. My email is [email protected]. If you have any pics of your old car (now my car) :) with the old wheels send them my way please. Thanks man!

Patrick Mullins
Venom 500

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Just finished lowering with Eibachs pro kit. 1" drop.
I'm running 19" Forgeline VR1's. 345's rear, 275's front.
No rubbing at all, and no need to turn the wheels when opening the hood.
I think it totally transformed the look of the car compared to the stock 17"s
and four inches of wheel well.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All you guys who think your hood is not rubbing should pop your hood latches and get your hood to the point where you have to go lift the back part near the windshield and then look at the part of your hood touching your tires. I have heard of quite a few vipers doing this and so does mine, but I didn't thinks it did rub until I looked at it while opening the hood.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas