LPE (Stage II) Viper GTS

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if the meteorite was being piloted by an alien that had just abducted Jessie Jacksons love childs mother, and was crying with guilt as he re entered the earths atmosphere to return her which resulted in the crash landing into an unsuspecting viper?

Is that still an accident? or can we sue Jessie for starting all the trouble? or is the alien pilot guilty of driver error?

Its amazing, these martinis! Everything is suddenly so clear!

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um, Where did you come up with the cost being 60-70k for the 650R?? Not that I am implying the LPE car is not faster, I just think we should compare Apples to Apples. From the perspective that they cost about the same, you are right, LPE is now an alternative. But there have always been alternatives to Hennessey.

Also, I have not seen that issue, what month is it?

Thanks,

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I remember, the motor mods ran about $38K for the 650R. It was all the other goodies like brakes, suspension and aero kit that brought the price up.

Tom, yer killing me over here!
You must be registered for see images

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brendan, that LPE 542 cu. in. ACR in the Jan. issue of C. D. is mine. I have 3000 miles on it now and it hauls ***!!! I just bought Purner drag pack...wheels and tires. Can't wait to try it at the track ...soon I hope. I'll post results. Write me if you want more info. GB3

Reaction score
Brendan, F.Y.I., to the best of my knowledge, Hennessey 650R's are all 488 CID engines now. No strokers. Still a strong engine with fairly comprable performance, HMS is doing it with fewer cubic inches! Durability of the new LPE stroker is yet to be proven over extended use. The 650R engine is basically bullet proof. LPE has enjoyed a very good reputation for quality and value though.