M&H RaceMaster DR's Review

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Call Chuck (the Wiz) for some driving advice. He goes 11.7 ET with a stock Gen1.

My Roe GTS has gone 10.5@139mph on PS1s.

Ted

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was the MPH ?

Tony:

did you ever get your skinnies. Mine showed up on Friday. I am getting them mounted this week. They are two inches taller then the originals

Are you still happy with the new drag radials versus the bias ply's.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony:

did you ever get your skinnies. Mine showed up on Friday. I am getting them mounted this week. They are two inches taller then the originals

Are you still happy with the new drag radials versus the bias ply's.

When I posted that thread about them, I already had them....that's how I was able to make pictures :D

I have not run the drag radials again.....maybe this Saturday. After looking my ET Streets over, they are pretty much shot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well this Thursday is the last open track day. There is no way I will be able to get the line lock ordered and installed by then. So give me some pointers on heating up the tires. Start in 1st gear? Use my left foot on the brake once the car starts to move forward? Will the ABS be a problem for me? By using the brakes will I "freeze" them to the rotors?

Let me know what YOU do as this is the last track day of the year and I need to bring my best game!! ha

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and I want to beat that damn GTR that has a tune and exhaust that was running 11.5 all day.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I do(ie: What NOT to do):

I pull around the water box and then spin the tires(PS2s) about a second or so. All I want to do is clean the debris off. This will NOT heat the tires up! This results in a blistering 2.0 60'. :(
My best pass is a 11.98@123.

Hopefully Tony can make it and give me some real pointers, since I'm a noob at the track.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is your GTS stock?

No. When I made my track visit, it had smooth tubes, S&B filters, and manifold back exhaust. The pcm was also supposedly tuned by the previous owner. Now I have headers, so the next power mod will have to be a major one since I'm out of nickel and dime horsepower mods. :D

I'm hoping to get a few 11.8x@124 passes in, or somewhere in that neighborhood. The mph is definitely good for much lower, it's just the fact that I'll be traction/driver limited.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not sure that the ABS does anything, but it can't hurt to pull the fuse.

The Traction control systems on all cars is the computer applying the rearnbrakes to keep the tires from spinning.

It's called a brake stand. Go out on the road and stop. Reve the engine and drope the clutch, then stomp on the brake pedal HARD. The rear brakes only get 20% of the braking pressure that the front brakes get so the fronts should lock up and the rear tires should spin.

Don't drive the front tires through the water. Drive around the water box and ack up until the tires just touch the edge of the water. Once there is lots of smoke off the tires let go of the brake pedal and the car will spin the tires out of the water box. You don't want to carry water in the tire treads to the starting line as that would mean starting in a puddle.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's a vid of a rolling brakestand with my 98. I was just easing on the brakes to make more smoke and extend the burnout for the video. This is a good way to melt off your tires quickly. You can see the car go slow after the brake lights come on.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ioq41bZFxc[/media]

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure that the ABS does anything, but it can't hurt to pull the fuse.

The Traction control systems on all cars is the computer applying the rearnbrakes to keep the tires from spinning.

It's called a brake stand. Go out on the road and stop. Reve the engine and drope the clutch, then stomp on the brake pedal HARD. The rear brakes only get 20% of the braking pressure that the front brakes get so the fronts should lock up and the rear tires should spin.

Don't drive the front tires through the water. Drive around the water box and ack up until the tires just touch the edge of the water. Once there is lots of smoke off the tires let go of the brake pedal and the car will spin the tires out of the water box. You don't want to carry water in the tire treads to the starting line as that would mean starting in a puddle.

Ted

You might want to modify that approach - don't spin in the water box. Get the tires wet, pull out of the box a few feet, then, heat them up. Second gear (with slicks) is better, but, practice in the beginning with 1st gear.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yah Jack's way might be easier than trying to find the EDGE of the water - in a Viper's side view mirror.

If you have a helper he could check out the water see if the guy beofre you left puddles or drips on the pavement and direct you on where to place the tires.

Try getting to the starting line on the spots where the rubber is the thickest.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well last night went ok. I'm getting better. Got a 11.99 last night. Still can not get a good burn out. So this winter time I'm going to install a line lock and some solid half shafts. I got the tires wet then moved about a foot out of the wet box then dropped the clutch. I tried applying the brake the first run but did not do a good job. DId not drop the clutch on take off. Anyways, thanks for all of the help guys! I will start this thread up again when I get back on the track. I really do think these are great tires. Just need more practice with heating up the tires.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At least you didnt break anything so that is always a good day.
You must be registered for see images

Let us know how it goes in the future.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 'solid' rear axles. Titanium shafts between 2 yokes. Stock weight. Since you've got a Paxton you might want to just buy the 800hp strong tube axles. Less than half price.

Find a nice, wide, quiet street and pratise.

Ted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad