Mark 9's? When to call out someone? (long)

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Mark 9\'s? When to call out someone? (long)

Mark,

Be careful! Too much trash talking and some out-of-stater just might buy that RT/10 of yours that's for sale. That would be one way to guarantee them a strong showing at the strip.
laugh.gif

Reaction score

I have run my car for over six months (7000+ miles) on the street, freeway, dirt roads etc... on slicks. I am well known for it. Then again I do drive my own vehicle. We are putting up a great event in October. Hope everyone can make it. If it is so easy to run stupid fast on the bottle and slicks, you should be ready by October. I want to see how easy it is. Maybe we're missing something and you guys will show us how to get into the 8's. Please come down and show us how slow we are.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Prashant,
I'll help pick guys up at the airport.

1bad gts,
Street legal slicks roll out the door of Tire Rack, etc. everyday. I think your missing the point. Fastest(ET) quarter mile V-10 Viper. Thats it. No limitations. If you want to start another thread about motor only or street tires that would be a good one too. But this one is about fastest......period.

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score

9's on street tires, now you know that will never happen. Albert's RT only has slicks. he sold me his wheels and tires because he said "what the hell do I need those for?" he drives around town (most of the club can verify this) on slick's 24/7.
Most people that do modify Vipers want to go faster, bring your car down here and run in the all motor class. and see what happens. but if you really want to go fast try TURBO's or NOS as the next step. I have driven Roy's old King Snake and have taken a ride in John Hennessey's Twin Turbo and I can say they are both very steetable.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like an interesting challenge!

Question for all the Guru's out there - I have 565 to the wheels now. I am considering a 200 NX Wet kit shot from Albert. With Slick and Skinnies and quick shifting, am I looking at high nines??

Regards,

Reaction score

Martin,

With the set up you have and a 200 shot to the ground, It will depend on you. Your car will be a monster. You just have to drive it like you stole it. You should be able to post some real good numbers.

Reaction score

We hope they come as well as Tom / BTR, Grant Performance, etc.... We want anyone that has a shot at being the fastest tuner, or indivdual to bring it to the track and find out who's the fastest. I think this will be a fun, exciting, frustrating event. We are planning everything, so anyone who claims they have a fast car should come out and see how they stack up againts the big boys.

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So now you are really showing what you know. I have heard nothing but nice things about Dlevin, or Furman but bottom line is that you missed my point. it does not matter if you have 2000 HP .....understand this it is how you are going to put that to the GROUND.PLEASE CALL DLEVIN OR FURMAN AND ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE EVER RUN 9'S. EVEN IF THEY HAVE MORE HORSEPOWER. So please know what you are talking about before you speak. NOW let me say this again. anyone for July 1st at rivercity?or in OCT Please email me
I will be happy to buy the airfare and Steve U will pick you up at the airport and Albert will put on a driving class, Mark will talk allot of crap and I will wash your car down when it arrives.
thank you

Reaction score

We run ET streets. A DOT approved tire. I know my car with mods didnt cost 130,000. & I dont see it as a dedicated drag car. I drive it every where. Over 25,000 miles on it in 2 years.

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look just quit trying to change the subjects all the time. you went from calling out Mark H to saying motor and street tires only then to IMPORTS? why are you doin this. Steve U has a 99 GTS with Tom Welch's system total cost he put in his car is $7,500 bucks and he ran a 10.90 on STREET TIRES so its not the money issue is it? let's just stop right here. we are talking about racing VIPERS right....that is what you own right? so stop trying to make me look like a **** because anyone that know's me know's I am a fair guy. if you want to sell your viper, I will sell you a low 9sec mustang for $12,000 bucks does that make things ok? I think not. let just say you have a fast car for MOTOR and Street Tires and leave those guys alone that want to spend money and GO FAST. the last time I checked everyone has the right to do what they wish. If they wish to go fast they will spend money with HMS, TNT, Albert, Dlevin, BTR, Roe ....etc
How much they spend is how fast they feel like going. If you would like to come down to Houston and check out our Street racing every Saturday night you will see some FAST Viper's out on the local roads....it about the only place that you will see TNT cars and Hennessey 800TT runing around most of the time.
thanks for you concern
Prashant

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe:
You never quit do you??? It is real easy for you to hide behind some computer and say "you come to ours and I will come to yours." I was in Norwalk when all of the fastest were going to be there, I was in Florida when all of the fastest were going to be there, I was at VOI in St. Louis when all the fastest were going to be there and guess what??? I still came out with the FASTEST STREET LEGAL VIPER on pump gas!!!!! Trash talking is fun but sooner or later you would think you would want to back it up, that is if you car is a fast as you think!!! We have made you some great offers on our events and you keep avoiding the question of rather you will accept or not. Obviously that is a NO you will not. SO for now, I leave you to bask in your own little dream world of owning a fast viper but in reality, in TEXAS that is just one normal average day car you find on the streets. If you ever want to step up and play with the big boys you know where we are???

Mark H.
9sec.RT

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don beat me??? Now you got my attention... No, sorry DONT think so.. My car was running 10's on motor that day and 9's on spray while Don and them were still in the mid 11's. It was really their first real race they had been to.. My hats off to Don Sr, and Jr. for their accomplishments with the car but it took a lot of money and time to get where they are now... Same with you I know.... as for time and money spent.. There is nothing wrong with running 11's on street tires... We have people doing that down here all the time but they dont claim to be the fastest like others...

Mark H.
9sec.RT

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look as the Captin of this ship, I would like to say:
You 1bad, are not providing us with a free ticket, a place to stay, Free car wash or any of that. and all the people that you have wrote about on your posts have not come to bat for you at all. maybe they know what makes you loose sleep at night as we do. why would we come to NJ, just to take you on? we are providing FREE entry for out of staters, FREE airline Ticket, FREE place to stay and A FREE car wash. now do we know how to be hosts or what. Also, please call someone to go to bat for you or at least make up a name or something,man I hate to see people getting hurt.
I am just trying to do the best job I can for the folks around here.
have a nice day and for the love of God, get some sleep man.
Prahant

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don Nase,

You made me laugh so hard I started crying!!

Can I get the same treatment? What about when traveling through Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana? Just Kidding!!

This sounds like a great event and I'd love to attend.

I do think that some kind of rules or classes should be established or someone like Sir Hiss, or the Green Monster Viper Pro mod that runs mid 6's could come and mop the floor with the contingent of 9 and 10 second vipers that will be on hand.....don't you agree??

What about the owner of the car has to drive?

This is a great thread..keep it going.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

"if we had some ham, we could have some ham and eggs, IF we had some eggs"

Reaction score

Tom, we would love you to come down.

Don, We stopped all the hangings, but we still have gun fights in front of the saloons. LOL.

Hope you guys can come, we are going to try and make it worth while.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I ain't nockin anyone but et streets are slicks period. And what do you have when that nitrous runs out, 12 sec time slips.Now my car is not nearly as fast as all your RACE Cars but its pretty fast, if you boys run factory exhaust and manifolds and a factory issue radial 17,18,19" not a drag radial but a regular radial I don't think you boys can beat me with or without nitrous or turbo's. I have shown up at quite a few events and I have never seen any of you there, you boys ever leave texas? And if your cars run 10's without juice unhook the bottle and lets do it. Also lets make 5 passes back to back without a cooldown like a real street car. Lets arrange a middleground track Northcarolina or kentucky,Texas is 2 day drive from up here.
Oh yeah to make it really interesting lets make it one power
modification, strokermotor, or nitrous on a bone stock car, or blower on a bone stock car, or turbo on bone stock car. You been talkin street cars so lets talk street cars no exhaust, no gears
just one power adder. Not only do I know you can't be me with those conditions you probaly can't beat me with anything. I decided I bat with the boys from jersey so lets play ball.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, yall are all right... We are SCARED in our shoes.. We dont ever get out of Texas... I have been campaigning this old GEN I RT/10 with just ole head work and a cam and still run 10's on ALL motor... Many people have seen it including your hometown guy Don Nase Sr, and Jr., and NICK of MODERN PERFORMANCE!!! You can also talk with Paul Suloff out of Ohio, we took all their cash at that event also... Now, If you woud like to call FL you may want to call Tom Welch, we have been down to that state and won their event too. Oh yeah, you were not at VOI in St. Louis were ya??? My car had the fastest time for a V10 car also... At all of these races we have successfully gone 10's on motor and 9's on spray and still been able to drive the car all around to the outings and social events in the evening. So as to say we cant drive these cars daily, come on now... Who are you kidding... As we said before, We would love to have all entrants at our big event will be hosting on July 1st or the best one of all would be the one in October... EVERYONE IS WELCOME>> COME ONE COME ALL!!!!!!!!!

Mark H.
9sec.RT

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look don't get mad you said no one was sticking up for bad gts so here I am. I definatly believe you can run 10's or 9's,have you ever seen a racecar that couldn't? My car runs 10.4's at 135 with slicks and thats on a stock motor with 5psi blower,Stock gears stock exhaust etc, so I know you can run nines in that race car. I just don't believe you can drive it around me with stock gears and radials. There is a difference between a street car and a race car you can drive on the street.
And I will try to make the october event If you boys are putting me up and feeding me like you said.

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok, you guys come on down, someone please email me about what classes you would like to set up and I will see what I can do.
but I must tell you down here everybody's love's the "RUN WHAY YA BRUNG" class the best. and I am glad that you guys stepped up for your man Joe 1Bad. Tom Welch we would love to have you as well and bring Florida with ya. I will setup Hotel and food and we will treat you guys to some great southern hospitality TEXAS STLYE. you cannot beat what we are offering you guys, and if you can please let me hear about it. And yes we can make all of you Honoree Houston Viper Club Members even if do get beat down. after that we will all take our cars out for some street racing. by the way Albert C's 99RT has 23k+ street miles on it what does yours have?
thanks again
Prashant

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mark,

I give credit where credit is due and yes you have a fast viper, but PPPLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEE back off of trying to compare yours to guys like us with a header and nitrous system on a stock car. Heck, Im still running the spark plugs that came in mine from the factory!

Sounds like with the exception of a Levin $$ car or Mr. Nase, along with Sir Hiss and company you texas boys got most of us covered with a 20 gallon hat!

I do like Jamie Furmans idea about power adders....Id bet my biggest belt buckle and a packet of chaw on my pair of power adders!!

I'll say again, Id love to come to yall's event, but something has to be incorporated to bring fairness to all. Once this is accomplished, im sure that the event turnout will increase.

Best of luck,

Tom

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Geez, where will all of us slow Vipers get to race? Seriously, it sounds like a lot of fun and I would love to check it out sometime. If you folks ever want to congregate at a truly central location (the center of the US dartboard), come to Heartland Park in Topeka, Kansas. It is one of the fastest tracks in the United States, routinely the site for NHRA records to be made and broken (more were set there last month at the NHRA Nationals). The small and very humble Kansas City Club would welcome any and all comers. No ten second Vipers here (yet), but we love to race.

Oh, and Heartland Park also boasts a NASCAR-class 2.5 mile road course for the Mumfobergs out there. Personally, I love both the drag racing and the road racing, even if I can't hold a candle to dang near anybody that posts here.

Isn't it fun to be able to have streetable cars that can pull this off on a regular basis - and aren't in primer?

Chris

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Mark....I love you man, and I have almost forgotten about you calling me a goon at VOI last year....but you guys did lose a heads up to Norm's red car at St Louis. Other than that one little fact....ROCK ON MAN....you are one of the few that comes close to my skill in the world of **** talking (aka SMACKALESE). Later.

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hate to post back to back....but I just read some of Jamie's foot-in-mouth stream of consciousness...something about he can't be beat on radials by any other car, power adder or not??????

**** .....I don't think the Superman underoos are gonna fit now that your nuts have dropped. BE REAL MAN....you show up on 5psi and stock air in the tires and you will get CLOWNED. In fact, I bet that I can run 8 psi on pump gas and drag you from coast to coast....back to back to back.

The 800 TT will be waiting for the Bon Jovi Patrol. Later.

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark 9\'s? When to call out someone? (long)

Let see here, People calling out Mark H for not running on street tires? are we interested in going slow or fast? most of the time what happens is when you are YELLING "hey I am on Motor and steet tires!" people like Mark H, Albert C, Roy TNT and John Hennessey can't hear you because they are way ahead of you!! Over the past few months I Have seen many post about This package and that package for Vipers. Down here in Texas we have The FASTEST's Viper in the world. that has been proven time and time again. to date only 4 viper's have made it into the 9's.(most from TNT) if you guys are selling products that run in the high 10's to mid 11's....great but advertise it that way.(Don't just say million+ horsepower!!) that fast enoungh for most people but when to comes down to Texas that's very middle of the pack. may be that 's what some people should call their Viper package(middle of the Pack...MTP) option. I am not trying to cut down any tuner or anyone, but Mark H has been a travling road show for sometime now and frankly he can't stop winning!!. Hey, many Viper's out in the world have 1000 to I don't know maybe even 2000 HP but the bottom line is what will it run at the track? the last time I held a event at River City Raceway we had 5 Viper's between 9.93-10.2 and I will put that up against any STATE. we are once again hosting the same group from Houston and SouthCentral Clubs on July 1st, but we are really getting tired of beating each other up. So I would like to Put together an event in October that would give everyone from around the Country time to get thier vipers ready to go. I will make this event enrty free to all out-of-state people. maybe we can have TEAM TEXAS vs. TEAM FLORIDA vS. CALIFORNIA VS NJ.? and here is the kicker, if you are a tuner you pay for shipping for your viper and I will buy you airline ticket to come on down to TEXAS?! so we can stop all this calling out. what do YALL think?

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, well.....

I am just going to sit back and see how many takers we have for this event comming up later in the year. I know what it takes to make a STREET LEGAL VIPER run 9's on the bottle and 10's on motor while still running pump gas. How many of the others know this secret????

Mark H.
9sec.RT
(still the same ole GEN I RT/10 putting down consistent numbers)

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

House of speed, whats that? Is that 800tt your car? I have never seen you at any events.Foot in the mouth, you better do your homework I show up and run the number I don't talk. The format I suggested was for real world cars, street cars. Do you really think thats impressive to do a stroker with cam ,headers, nitrous, gears ,slicks etc and run 10's or even high 9's man thats a joke. Around the northeast here $25kstreet mustangs that guys drive back and forth to work everyday run 9's without nitrous.Man you can make a $2500 nova run 9's for 10k that doesn't impress me. What I think most people find is impressive is a tractable, emissions legal stock type car you can drive out to texas pull in the gates don't crack the hood pull up to the line and run the number.How many viper owners that want to go fast want a car so loud you can't even hear the stereo, or you have to jack up an put slicks on and the compound of the tire is throwing rocks all over your car.Not to mention broken halfshafts
and transmissions and rears that what slicks do for your car. If you like nitrous, well thats fine but it runs out and refills are not always available so its temporary h.p so you can keep that too. I never said I had the fastest viper, that wasn't my goal, the only reason I even posted was everytime I go to a race
or read a magazine article the cars just aren't that fast for all the bragging I read on this board. And for the money spent the times I have read about and seen is pathetic. The reason I don't run tires anymore is because why tear up nice STREET car
for a 1/2 second in the quarter who really gives a **** I don't.
One thing I forgot to mention those cars might run alot better if any of you boys could drive! put some automatics in them and you might put up decent numbers.

Reaction score

I thought we were talking about driving vipers. Anyone knows you can dump 25,000 into a mustang and do 9's easy !!! The whole fact of the matter is getting into the 9's with the viper. Very hard to do. If it were that easy Everyone would advertise " this package gets you into the 9's" All I see is excuses being made.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

House of Speed:
First off, your right, Norms car did get the win light when we went heads up at VOI. My hats off to him for that race. To bad we were not able to find the gears and coasted through with a high 12 sec. pass so I would not actually call that a RACE. No excuses, just bad shifting.. Maybe next time. But I do recall having put down the FASTEST 1/4 mile time of the whole event in a V10 viper. Correct me if I am wrong????

Furman:
Where do I start?? You keep stroking yourself about how fast you think you are or would like to be and keep that ego going. I dont think you really know who I am or know much about my car so be careful. My car is as much streetable as your blower car and will beat you hands down on any given day. I can drive it to the track, line it up and show you what it takes so just make the trip down here for a good ole Texas beating....

For eveyone else:
We are trying to put an event together where we can all have some fun and lay it all on the line. There is no way possible we can have as many classes as yall request because all of yall want a class that you are the big dog in and are a shoe in to win... We are talking about a race where we see who has the fastest of the fastest and obviously that is not yalls game... I have no problem with that, so I will keep doing what I do and that is looking for some competion and obviously I will not find any out of TEXAS!!!!!

Mark H.
9sec.RT
"NO EXCUSES, JUST ONE FAST STREET VIPER!!!!!"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456