Monterey Car Week 2012 Hotels?

HISSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the Cobra’s 50th anniversary will be celebrated at the 2012 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion, scheduled for August 17-19 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, I am seriously considering making the trip next year. Given the integration with Monterey Car Week and my wife traveling with me, I need any sage advice on hotel options, best location for convenience and setting (Carmel, Monterey, etc.). Not interested in an event hotel with auctions, etc. Everything appears close but likely overcrowded and hotels/flights book well in advance. Any insight?

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The following weekend Aug 25th is Mopars by the Bay at the Custom House Monterey Plaza. There are about 200 Mopars from all years. I think the best opar show by far. August 25th 2012. Sign up////

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto the above; if you're at all interested in general Mopar goodness the Mopars by the Bay show is really fun. Held next to Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf, very nice location. I attended this year's show and stayed at the Portola Hotel & Spa, which is also right there at the Wharf (Custom House Plaza). Not cheap, but location and amenities were great. Room was clean, nicely updated, quiet... worth looking into, whether you'd stay for the Mopar show or not. Daily covered parking (gated ramp) at the hotel; not such a big deal if you're driving a rental.

Seca is 12 miles (probably ~30 minutes) away from Monterey (i.e. the wharf area). You WILL NOT regret spending a week or two in this area, whether the focus is automotive or not. Let us know if you have any specific Q's...

Rich

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth