2013 SRT Viper GTS Launch Edition Debuts at Pebble Beach

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it on the concept lawn at Pebble Beach. Not a fan of those wheels though..

Car looks great, but those wheels are hideous. They look flat and almost hubcap-like if you will. I would like to see it with black wheels too.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks really Great!

Question;
Doesn't it look photo shopped the way the paint has more sheen along the drivers door and then more of a satin or flat look on the hood and deck lid?

You must be registered for see images attach

Austin, you know what to look for... what do you think?
Perhaps it's a real photo but they just had some undesirable reflections in the hood and deck lid so they softened up the paint in those areas? :dunno:

Mike

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the higher duck bill spoiler?

I can't really tell.

I'm wondering the same thing. I know Ralph said the '13 GTS has the highest spoiler ever but I don't think so. Maybe he means the tallest, in which case that is not good. Part of the exotic appeal of the original GTS is that the actual duckbill was very tall and dramatic, but the overall height was much lower. This in effect gave the car a squatty/wide appearance from the rear. The GTS always looked wider than it truly was.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't personally think it's a Photoshop, but I could be wrong. I just think it's the lighting.
Looks really Great!Question;Doesn't it look photo shopped the way the paint has more sheen along the drivers door and then more of a satin or flat look on the hood and deck lid?
You must be registered for see images attach
Austin, you know what to look for... what do you think?Perhaps it's a real photo but they just had some undesirable reflections in the hood and deck lid so they softened up the paint in those areas? :dunno:Mike

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a stylized 3d render...its not meant to be photo real but rather illustrated-ish...i just had a chat about the guys at work here about it...i think it looks fantastic

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it as well. I would rather have the dark satin track wheels and it does not appear to have the exterior carbon fiber parts. I understand this will be limited edition but I wonder if the wheels and carbon would be an option. If it can be, I think I am sold as long as the extra cost for having that GTS is not exorbitant.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way back when, the first Viper painted this way was driven to Pete Brock's house by Chrysler before being introduced to the public. He was asked his opinion as he is the designer of the Daytona Coupe and Chrysler said they hoped he didn't mind them emulating the Daytona paint job. He said he was honored to be asked, loved the car but said it needed chrome wheels. I thought that was odd then and I still do now. I'm not a stylist so I don't know. I've always wanted to ask him, why the chrome wheels?:dunno:

swiss mopar fan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone knows if this paint scheme (gts blue with white stripes) will also be available on the regular version (I mean on the "non-launch editions" Vipers) ?

It is definitely stunning with that colour!

Regards from Switzerland!

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That shade of blue is stunning, with or without stripes. That color has moved to the front of the pack for me. If that color is not unique to the the launch model, then what are the launch customers getting besides different wheels of dubious distinction, a blue background on the stryker moniker and a plaque. The rest can be ordered as options.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right the contrast stiching should be blue everywhere.....my are we picky:cool:

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First close up picture of the wheel that I see and I am very impressed with the overall look and quality of the fit and finish. I can't wait to sit in one.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A wee bit of blue, exhaust and wheel has been revealed!

You must be registered for see images

--RS

P.S. is it me or is that disc brake just that?! A DISC BRAKE?!

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was out there today. I brought my GTS,and was surprised that there was no other Viper GTSs out there. Felt good too..

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the same shade of blue we've seen in the other photos posted here. Anybody think the same thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper