Most bang for the buck on moter.

OP
OP
M

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. I am interested in the pre-chiller. I have been waiting for some concrete evidence that you will in fact pick up power with this upgrade. I will remain on the fence until I see results.

Any one out there heard of the new Programmable "chip" for our Vipers??? It is out there, or coming soon.......

Regards,

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1bad,

I noticed that your "wish list" did not have a cost and horsepower gain, documented and backed up with dragstrip and dyno results.

Everything that I do is based upon the following simple formula;
horsepower gained / dollars spent = HP per dollar.

Lets see, your gear change nets 0 hp gain for a net loss of lots of dollars, and a TB upgrade is still unproven for hp gains unless lots of headwork, intake hone, and big cam are introduced, and even then the gain is negligable.

As for headers, when a person looks under the hood of your viper and sees a header tube he thinks, "this guy has headers". Your edelbrock header will NEVER outperform a belanger header or any other header for the viper. You spent some amount of money(1500.00?) for a lesser performing product. In other words, two cars equipped with headers and one makes more power, what price is it now worth to loose? Not to mention spend that money twice on a better performing product?

I like your thought process, and yes, NIck is very sharp, and easy to talk with. The Nase's car is a very strong performer.

Best of luck,

Tom

BTW, we guarantee 550BHP on motor on ANY year GEN 2 viper for
$ 9995.00 installed and including free delivery east of the Mississippi. That looks like 9995.00 divided by 100BHP = 99.95 per hp gained. Check It.
Http://btrviper.com

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 bad gts,

You listed product which provided little to no bang for the buck. How about listing products you were happy with and provided good value?

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1bad,

No sweat about the packages, my skin is very thick. There are many alternatives to going fast. I for one had never spent much time on the dyno until I got into the viper game. Viper people believe in dyno sheets, I believe in the "WIN" light, and drag strip MPH(HP). Just as in drag racing, each dyno seems to be a little different, and some grossly different in power output. Correction factors, gears, shifting, tie down force, and so many other things play into a dyno pull, not to mention that a dyno pull is equivelant to approx 5 full quarter mile passes on your engine. Engines that are broke in on a dyno are really WORN in on it.

My power levels are produced in typical worst case scenerios with regards to dynometer parameters, and we try to utilize the same dyno if possible for all pulls as they are so different. As a matter of fact we used a new, previously untested dyno shop for our recent cylinder head tests and really don't have concrete data until we baseline a known car, which we will be doing this week.

560+ rwhp is not what we are looking for with regards to a non nitrous viper engine. Reliability and longevity start to become factors with high lift cams and higher compression. We will offer a package like that for the ********* racer but that market is limited in my opinion. Not to mention that much, much more power can be made with proven bolt ons like forced air induction and nitrous, that while dormant do not wear on the engine and drivetrain.

I do appreciate your comments, and I look forward to seeing the Nases again soon.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

Reaction score
You get what you pay for, make no mistake. I hear all this crap about this tuner that tuner, blah blah blah !!!! If you want some accurate information about what I have seen in this industry give me a call. Until then stop all this dyno queen, BHP, BS and lay down some good numbers at the track with some MPH. That will tell how fast the car is, and dont give me the excuse that you cant drive, cause then you need driving lessons too.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much HP did you gain by installing the DFI and what did it cost??? Just wondering how much cost per HP that was. Also, in your mentioning of gears, where does one get those magic gears that gain horsepower like the ones you have do. I was shocked to see your statement about having more horsepower with a 3.07 gear than a 3.55... that is funny!!!!!!!!!

Mark H.
9sec.RT

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard are the Edelbrock headers to install? I read something about them requiring welding. I believe they come ceramic coated don't they?

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard are the Edelbrock headers to install? I read something about them requiring welding. I believe they come ceramic coated don't they?

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets just say any Nitrous set up is less than $2000.Give a stock viper over 125 mph in 1/4.Best buck Bang.Bam

Amir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be off-topic but... Has anyone tried the crower stroker kit for the viper? What does it increase the displacement too? I realize that it might not be very cost effective but, about how much rwhp could it put out? Or would it not do much b/c the intake manifold is so restrictive? Thanks

-Amir

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Badgts,

Has accel finaly done the programing for an odd fire v10? Or are you using DFI as a general term for a stand alone fuel/ignition system? Thanks.

Amir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the Stroker Kit. I thought Crower actually built one because they have it on their website for $7800 including steel rods, $9950 for Titanium rods. The website is http://www.crower.com/dodge-viper.shtml . Maybe they made it after you contacted them or they just have the wrong info on the website. Thanks a lot.

-Amir

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Amir on 10-01-2001 at 07:31 PM</font>

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad,i've got a new system,to be posted shortly,its BBBad.What's wrong with 100-125shot extra.Should put your car in the 10's on pilots.more is a problem.I went 11:40 @128 smoking 1st through 2nd,on bald pilots.100 shot.Need some tread to bump up the jets.Any more power,you need drag radials,Then your in a class you can't handle.