Moved over from the dark side.

JJB500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finally got rid of my last Vette and bought a Viper, i've been looking for about 6 months. I wanted to get a nice GTS until I drove my first SRT-10 a 2005, I drove it home that evening. The car has gotten more smiles, waves and wows than my Z06 and ZR-1 got in the 7 years combined. I just bought the car on saturday. :2tu:

TOPGON

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too was a vette lifer and traded my ZO6 for a 2004 Mamba last week and I'm still pinching myself every time I go into the garage. The General just doesn't compare save the wave in your snake!
Good Luck
Bill

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Me too ... just got my '05 on Friday ... sold my '03 C5 ... hasta la bye bye Corvetteforum

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A lot of guys have done the Vette to Viper thing.....Kind of proves the marajuana leads to ****** theory

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got rid of my last Vette and bought a Viper, i've been looking for about 6 months. I wanted to get a nice GTS until I drove my first SRT-10 a 2005, I drove it home that evening. The car has gotten more smiles, waves and wows than my Z06 and ZR-1 got in the 7 years combined. I just bought the car on saturday. :2tu:

-i know this to be true. and just wait till some hot blonde college chick hops out of her friends car and into the front seat

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Isn't it amazing how quickly that Vette forum and all its silly people lose status when you move up to a Viper?
Sure there are some good people still there, but many live in a pathetic world of self-delusion about those cars...

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
many live in a pathetic world of self-delusion about those cars...
lol ... yes, and they perceive to gain status based upon how many trips they've made to the corvette musium in KY ... don't get me wrong ... the Vette's a nice car, but you hit it on the head when you note how that "membership" somehow leads to self-importance ... I'm just a happy new Viper owner, who wants no status and no speeding tickets :2tu:

05 Venom

I guess it's impossible to like both the Viper and Vette. Kinda like being a Yankee and Red Sox...er..Met's fan. Well I own both a '02 Z06 and '05 Viper and drive each on a daily basis. Yes the Viper gets way more looks and stares but that's what happens when you produce a low volume car(@2,ooo units compared to 8,000 Z06's).

As far as a move up..I think it is more of a lateral move. Anyone who has owned both would surely agree(if they are not biased) that the Z06 is certainly an all around better car. And much easier to drive. Especially on a daily basis. As far as the acceleration. The Viper is faster but I am not blown
away by the difference.(Wish the Viper would shed a few pounds.)

Anyway all of this won't be an issue when the '06 Z arrives this fall.
Still can't get used to the look though but should shred the competition
in every performance category.

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it's impossible to like both the Viper and Vette. Kinda like being a Yankee and Red Sox...er..Met's fan. Well I own both a '02 Z06 and '05 Viper and drive each on a daily basis. Yes the Viper gets way more looks and stares but that's what happens when you produce a low volume car(@2,ooo units compared to 8,000 Z06's).

As far as a move up..I think it is more of a lateral move. Anyone who has owned both would surely agree(if they are not biased) that the Z06 is certainly an all around better car. And much easier to drive. Especially on a daily basis. As far as the acceleration. The Viper is faster but I am not blown
away by the difference.(Wish the Viper would shed a few pounds.)

Anyway all of this won't be an issue when the '06 Z arrives this fall.
Still can't get used to the look though but should shred the competition
in every performance category.

-i have them both ( i let my friend drive around the z06 now) but when i hop into the Viper, its like, "this is what i had hoped the z06 was going to be like when i bought it"
-agreed the new z06 will be an awesome performer, but im still ordering a new srt coupe

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agree on the new Z performance being promised, and I might even consider one, but they should have done something about its looks - just appears to be kind of kludged together, like an afterthought, and the interior blows. The C6 was a step back from the C5, style-wise.

TOPGON

Viper Owner
Reaction score
C6 Vette versus SRT 10 Viper

GM really missed the boat on the C6 body styling in particular the C6 ZO6. When someone pays that kind of money for a Corvette they expect some distinctive styling differences as well as the obvious performance enancements.

Many will recall when the C5 first came out vette enthusiasts generally didn't like it sort of the hog versus v-rod reaction but over time the C5 grew in popularity. The vast noteable issue with the C6 it is a just a slightly re-shaped C5 that deosn't appear half as stylish as the C5. The slight changes were really awful!

I will always admire the Corvette but believe the C6 may be a step backwards and if you take stock of your local Chevrolet dealers inventory the C6's are NOT moving like their predecessors.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And there is nothing more pleasing then seeing a dealer who was trying to get 5-10K OVER sticker when they first came out now stuck with a bunch of C6's that nobody wants. God I love that.

05 Venom

That's why I'm holding on to my '02 Z, not hooked on the C6/Z06 styling just yet.

Loved the grandma remark!!!