Moving to Miami, any connections for the area?

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am currently in Miami looking to rent a house. Does anybody have any connections for a good realtor here? Just checking. The realtor I have been working with prior to flying down yesterday is pretty clueless. Thanks.

PS: I have apparently been out of big cities for way too long.

Craig,

heliguy25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol my suggestion is not Miami! I'd suggest something further north . Wellington, palm beach garden, Stuart, Maybe Boynton beach, del ray, or parts of lauderdale. I'm not a big fan of dade county!

Last edited:

V1PERMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Craig,
I've been the VP of the South Florida Viper Club for the past 17 years and I live in Coconut Grove just south of downtown Miami. I know some really competent people who can help you. Send me your phone # to my email at [email protected] and I will call you tomorrow with the info you need.

Regards,

David

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your move to Miami . . . and you're going to miss those wide-open MT highways to stretch the Viper's legs. Go north at least 1 county like others have said.

OP
OP
N

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know it's funny everybody mentions those wide open roads in Montana. Those roads ****. We don't use salt or chemicals on the roads in the winter but we do use sand and gravel. Those "wide open" roads are not very good for traction and throw crap all over our cars. Sounds good in theory though. I did end up finding a nice place in the Hammocks. Very close knit gated community and I was able to swing a pool. I do look forward to meeting all of the South Florida members when I finally get settled in. I am active duty military and not from Montana it was just my latest stop. Miami is not my first big city but it is my first US city where I feel like I am in a foreign country. It is hard for me to wrap my head around not speaking english in America. Kind of ****** me off but I don't know if it is because my spanish ***** or am I just being close minded and the world is moving faster around me than I want to admit.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people speak English here. LOL. After you settle in, you will love it. Great sunsets. You can drive your Viper all year round. South Florida has incredible restaurants and great beaches. You might want to take a quick ride to the Museum at Tamiami Airport which is not too far from where you will be living. There is a small, but good, Italian Restaurant called Secreto in the shopping center on the Southeast corner of the intersection of 88th street and 117th Ave.

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I moved to Miami (South Beach) about 9 months ago, still trying to get settled down here but it's not a bad place to be, just know what areas to avoid.

OP
OP
N

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did some running around at South Beach yesterday. Nice area, had a lot of fun. The wife and I are looking forward to some warm weather for a change. We have been up in Montana for 2.5 yrs and we are frozen. Summers are great but even in the dead of summer we get up in the morning and it is still 40 degrees. We have had enough of that. I guess it is a plus that I like spanish food.

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lincoln Road is nice, I work on one side of Lincoln Road by the beach and live at the other side (big tower with green light up top on the intercoastal). I haven't really explored Miami but I am sure you will find plenty to do down here, definitely a lot more compared to Montana haha.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zillow.com is your friend. It's great for comparison shopping. It also has realtors on it. Speak to at least 5 different realtors before you decide to go with one. Check out the satellite views to see what's in the neighborhood.

Also in this economy in FL, there are lots of good deals to buy. I drove around there last year. The skyline was full of impressive new and old condos all the way to Fort Lauderdale. But come nightfall, there were lights in very few of them, less than 25% was common and sometimes it felt less than 10%. And no, they were not at the clubs either. My point is that there are lots of vacant condos and houses. I suggest you skip condos completely even if it seems too good to be true.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Revolver, or semi-auto,.....what do you feel safer with? And if you carry the semi-auto, do you also feel the need to carry an extra clip? :omg:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at some condos in SB, but the deals are not what they used to be. They're still cheaper than before anything crashed, but a lot of those you saw with the lights out were probably owned. A lot of foreigners bought (and still are) buying them as investments. I guess they plan to keep them rented out because by the time true costs are still really high.
HOA fees were usually a minimum of $1k/month. Then you add in outrageous property taxes and insurance premiums, and suddenly the those added up to more than the mortgage.
I would still love to find a way to move down there full time, but it's not in the cards right now with work. It truly probably one of my favorite cities in the country (as long as your in the right places). :)

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Miami and lived there for 18 years. You guys make it sound like it's a terrible place to be, jeez. Miami is fantastic, although I personally wouldn't live there anymore; been there done that kind of deal, I want to live all around the world in my life. Atlanta is my current stop. You don't need a gun to live in Miami, and yes people speak english. The only thing is that people prefer to speak spanish in many places since for many it is their native language. You will find some old timers that do not speak english well, but that's not your problem it's theirs.

Enjoy your time there, weather is fantastic all year round.

DanH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Revolver, or semi-auto,.....what do you feel safer with? And if you carry the semi-auto, do you also feel the need to carry an extra clip? :omg:

Allan and everyone with the Miami comments. Please stay awaaaaaaaay from Miami, it's a veryyyyyyy scary and dangerous place. Only drug dealers and killers live here. If you're a p@$$y please stay away at least one county to the north, as others have said.
To the op welcome to Miami.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21