Moving to Pigeon Forge, TN in a week...

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys, I guess my beloved Viper GTS is sold, so I'm moving in about a week from North Carolina to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. I'm moving in with Matt Chambers. We're talking about going in half and half on a different house soon, and he's going to rent out the one he currently is living in. We are also opening up a used exotic car lot/tuner shop very soon, as we both sale a lot of supras, 300zx, rx7's,viper's,etc and will move up to porsche's, ferrari's, etc in the next year or so.
I'm really excited about the move, socially and business wise. I already know a decent amount of people in the knoxville/PF area that are cool as hell, so that will make things easier. There isn't really a lot that I will be leaving behind here, i will miss the ocean however...
But anyway, do any of you guys live in the knoxville area? i know Jack Bean with the Red GTS. i'll post up another thread once i get moved in and try to get together a little mini-meet with some Z, viper, and supra guys in the area for dinner/cruising or something like that. well anyway, take care guys!

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bid the 42 k on ebay under redlinesniper.the high bidder has negative -1.i have a 5 k cashiers check i can email overnight tuesday and then pay the balance when i pick the car up this weekend.im in delaware.

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove my GTS through Pigeon Forge about three years ago....in the fall....... going from South Florida to Virginia,............. never do that again.

Pigeon Forge is a mess.

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That place is just like Myrtle Beach in SC, or it is growing in that direction anyway. The first itme I went to Pigeon Forge, I thought I was near a beach then realized I was in the mountians, anyone else feel like this about it?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeremy, I'm about 70 miles northeast of PF and I'll watch for your post about a get together. There aren't a lot of Vipers up here in northeast TN. And yes, the traffic in PF can be a pain at times, but it's still a neat place to visit, especially if you're close by. I think there may be some sort of muscle car gathering on Sept. 14.

Ronnie

OP
OP
J

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SPEEDSHFTR - i called your cell phone and left a message. i have a guy coming tomorrow with $42000, but if you can beat $42500, i can pay him back for his plane ticket. please call me at 910-575-7223 or 910-540-7223. thanks

REDGTS - sounds good. the Fall Rod Run is in mid september, you should come down for that. we can get you a hotel room for a decent rate.

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont want to ruin a deal that youve made with someone else.if the deal goes sour then email me and we will go from there.sorry i missed your call.

Reaction score
I'll be in PF on the week-end of the 14th. So I'll try to look you up then. I'm in Nashville. You'll have to come on to Nashville some Saturday night. The Nashville boys will show you a great time!! Good luck with your move.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm the one buying Jeremy's GTS. I'm flying out to Myrtle Beach today to look at it. The only way that this deal is going sour is if the car is not as represented. Since Jeremy is a respected member of the Viper community and seems to be a stand up guy I'm sure that I'll be pleased with the car when I get there. This car is no longer for sale. Now, how am I suppose to get any sleep or get any work done until the transport truck brings her to her new home?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JeremyBlackwell:
SPEEDSHFTR - i called your cell phone and left a message. i have a guy coming tomorrow with $42000, but if you can beat $42500, i can pay him back for his plane ticket. please call me at 910-575-7223 or 910-540-7223.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call me crazy but I think I would be pissed if I was flying to pick up a car and you were trying to sell it behind my back. I dont think this is a good way to treat people especially if you are just getting started and trying to build a client base. Treat others the way you would want to be treated. $500 doesnt amount to very much if you tarnish your rep. along the way. I have been around a small family business for nearly 30 years and word of mouth from satisfied customers is priceless.Maybe I have misunderstood your statement and I apologize if I am off base

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point.... Jeremy, think about it as if the situation was reversed and you had bought a car and was to fly out to see it and then to see on the internet that the guy you just bought the car from was still trying to sell it out from under you.

If I was the guy that bought your car, I'd just call and say...

" sorry, I'm going to have to pass on the car, family problems,
you know "

This ***** no matter how you look at it. If your going to stay
in business then treat the customer as you would want to be
treated. If you don't and you get fu$ked over and over again
then its like they say " what goes around comes around "

OP
OP
J

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
calm down everyone, you guys don't even know 1/2 the whole story. first off, i DID hold the car for him and he DID buy it, even after i WAS offered $42500 by 2 people AND one guy offered a '99 Vette plus $20,000. i am NOT trying to rip anyone off or sale anything behind anyones back! the bank that the purchaser is using has some very unorthodox ways ('AMANTOBY' will even tell you that
smile.gif
), and it made me very nervous. IF, AND ONLY IF, there was some major delay in me recieving the payment for the car due to the bank, i just wanted something to fall back on. i HAVE been burned in a similar situation in the past, that's why the last line in the ad for the car clearly states "I will not hold the car for anyone, unless I talk to your bank and they tell me that payment is on the way (in a reasonable time frame.) I have missed several potential sales on a few other cars I've owned because people who wanted me to hold the car because they were "definately" buying it backed out! Not trying to be mean, just fair to you AND me..."
If his bank had been resonable from the beginning about sending the payment for my GTS, i wouldn't have even entertained other offers as i knew my GTS would easily sale for $42000.
i hope 'AMANTOBY' will chime in here to let everyone know that the car WAS what i said it was and that i did hold the car for him. i have an impeccable sales record in auto sales so far in the supra community, and i don't want my name flawed in the viper community over something that other people know nothing about.
J SMITH - you were off base, but apology accepted
smile.gif

DIXTER - I don't need a life lesson buddy. please find out the facts before you start accusing.
this thread has been blown wayyyyy out of proportion and has lost it's meaning...i honestly don't care if a moderator just goes ahead and deletes it.

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeremy, I'm glad all worked out for everyone....

as for facts, I only went with what you presented to us all...

Your first post:
Well guys, I guess my beloved Viper GTS is sold, so I'm moving in about a week from North Carolina to Pigeon Forge

Your second post:
SPEEDSHFTR - i called your cell phone and left a message. i have a guy coming tomorrow with $42000, but if you can beat $42500, i can pay him back for his plane ticket. please call me at 910-575-7223 or 910-540-7223. thanks

So, it still sounds like something was going on... even Speedshfter wrote and said he didn't want to ***** the all ready
made deal.

Just calling them the way I read them... or the way you wrote
them. :)

Good luck to you in the supra community. ;-)

OP
OP
J

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, i found out today i won't have the money for the car until Monday and that i'm having to find a garage to keep the car in until the transport company gets here because i am moving tomorrow. that clearly shows that i have no intention of "selling it behind his back", even though i said that i needed to have the deal closed by friday so i could move saturday. that's why i lowered the price so much to start with, for a quick sale. i could've had a '99 vette and $20k cash by now from another buyer, but i am holding out for Mr. Huston because i KNOW the money is there, he has shipping arranged, and he was a very nice/cool guy...
i guess it is my fault to start with for this misconception. the last thing i want online is a bad reputation that is undeserved. i should have proof-read my previous post and noticed that what i posted did make me look like a complete @$$hole. my bad. take care guys, no harm no foul.
smile.gif

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jeremy,

What an interesting story this car is ending up with!

Remember I "bought" the car from Cali and had my flight arranged to come down conditional on DJ checking it out for me, was preparing to send a healthy deposit that I would lose if it fell thru sight unseen from "the Vspot" and then you swept in and bought it sight unseen, which turned out great for you as the car looks mint from pictures and certainly was misrepresented by the seller, or you for that matter.... (and I ended up with a CDN spec 97 that was the backup plan to your car which I turned to after you bought it and hashed that deal out with a VERY reluctant seller, as in it wasn't for sale, 3000 miles from here)

I wish someone would just buy that car start modding the thing and banging some gears at WOT!!
smile.gif

Amantoby, hope that's you!

Best of luck, it's been taken care of from day 1, and Jeremy's continued that from talking with him a few times, wish Al's plate could transfer over to the new owner, haha.....

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,
Well I did buy Jeremy's GTS and it is a beauty. The transporter will be loading it today or tomorrow and it will be 2-4 days before it is delivered. I've already ordered 5,000.00 worth of upgrades and the car is not even here yet. Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know that the car was as advertised and that I'm happy with the purchase.see YA! O yeah, I already sent in my VCA application also.