MXB Gauge Pod & New Boots Install

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MBX Gauge Pod & New Boots Install

Just finished installing the MBX gauge pod and Red Line leather shifter & e brake boots.

The Pod , sent to me by John K(thanks to John & Woodhouse for info), was a easy install. I put a small screw at the the bottom on each side of the pod to keep it secure.

Before the install my boost gauge was in a small makeshift pod that was glued on to stock column mount. The MBX pod fits over the stock column mount and fits very nice. I really like it and in no way blocks my full vision of other stock gauges.

The Red Line boots are great. Red Line now has the pattern and are ready to fill orders. They don't have the boots for the Viper on their web sight but can be contacted by email for order instructions. I used Pay Pal for the 78.00 delivered boots. Took about a week to get them. I tried to get custom made boots with silver stitching from other dealers but could only find them at Red Line.

You can get these boots with different color leather and threads. I got the quadruple silver stitch. Since I have the Hurst shifter ,which has a little taller shaft than stock ,I ask for them to add 1" to length of the shifter boot. I use the MGW 3" shifter knob but sometimes I use the 4" ( for a little more leverage) and it was stretching the leather on the stock boot.

Here are some pics of the pod and boots.

edit_close_2.jpg

inside_viper.jpg

edit.jpg

100_6649_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Great!

I especially like the sliver dash and console pieces - Been considering getting them for mine.

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Hamrhead

The silver dash pieces are nice. They would really look good in your black Viper. The silver inside pieces are like a continuation of the silver outside stripes on my Viper.

I would like to add --Ive had a few little things to replace on the Viper like the rubber insulation boot on the shifter shaft. I have driven my Viper-10,000 miles since last July . I purchased it with 500 miles. The Viper has been trouble free and it still looks like new. I had the DLM SC installed about 5000 miles ago and absolutely no problems.

Last edited:

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiss, glad you could use the pod, it looks sweet! And congrats on the 10,000 miles in a year. That means you're driving and enjoying the car. Mine is now 6 months old, 4900 miles. I'm hot on your heels, LOL. The only problem is that my other cars and bike are feeling neglected....

Take care....

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appreciate it John. I like the pod. I enjoy driving the Viper so much. It would be impossible for me to have a Viper and not drive it and I mean drive it a lot. If its not raining I am driving it. The thing about it John ,driving the Viper never gets old. With the DLM SC its a added blast.;)

I know some local ricers with their high HP cars(that I have beat the tar out of with the Viper) thinks a old man like me driving a Viper ,with all this HP and torque to the wheel, needs a head examination. John I may give them something to really talk about - I am getting the hots for the DLM second stage that puts 900 to the wheel with headers and no cats. They will think I am nuts then.:D How great it is to own a Viper.

Jackson-I thank you for giving me the info on red line. Not a bad price for the 2 boots. My pics had high contrast so the silver threads don't stand out as much in person. I am very pleased with the boots and glad to get the 1" added.

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it's amazing how something so small can make such a gr8 difference. i really like the boots. looks classy. i've seen some stitched boots that looked kinda ricer-like, but those are real sharp. it really adds some much needed life to the interior of our cars.
i like the pod for the gauge too.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided after doing an autocross event this week to ditch the A pillar pod. Ouch! I jammed my ring finger of my left hand into the gauge pod HARD twice. Turned the knuckle black and blue and must have cost me at least 1 second in my times :) I am going to find a way to install 2 gauges directly in the IP, probably where the center 2 A/C vents are.

Anyone thought of such a crazy idea as that? Note I have a spare IP so no change to the original one.

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GR8 -I would like to see pics of that when you finish.

I checked Red Line web sight and they now have boots listed with order info and installation pics for the 2003-2006 dodge Viper www.redlinegoods.com. They have them listed for 60.00 for both boots plus shipping. Good buy for custom made boots.

MBX Motor Sports did not have the pod listed but you can email them.

Woodhouse also sells the pod.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery