My '00 is in "I" Status!!!

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My \'00 is in \"I\" Status!!!

My '00 GTS finally made it to I status. For those of you who order cars from dealers without a large allocation, you may expect similar time frames. If you purchase from a volume dealer, such as Woodhouse, Fitzgerald, Roanoke, etc., you'll get your cars quicker.

3/14/00 placed order with dealer
3/31/00 order placed in BX status
5/4/00 order placed in C status
5/31/00 order placed in D status
6/2/00 order placed in D1 status
10/13/00 order placed in I status!

Now, I'm not posting this to slam or blame anyone. My dealer (Timberline in Portland) was very up front about the time it would take to get my car. I realized going into this that it would be an exercise of my patience. I'm getting a fantastic price that no other dealer in the country was willing to match, and shipping would have been extra (sworn to secrecy, but you can call Russ Ficek at 503-234-0771 to get a similar deal). I just want those looking to order new cars to be prepared! I believe good things come to those who wait....I want a '00 model, I don't want ABS, I'm a happy camper!

P.S. I also ordered a Diesel pickup from Timberline. Order was placed 9/15, and the truck is in KZ status! It should arrive any day now! It's amazing how much $$$ you can save when you order vs buying off the showroom!

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My \'00 is in \"I\" Status!!!

congrats ray!!!!!

i know it has been a looonnnnnggggggg wait but you will never have a moments regret when that beast finally arrives. just be sure you take it easy breakin in . which is a good time to do it now anyway with the cold as you would not want to punch that monster on those cold roads now anyways!!!

you are going to be dying waiting for spring. i bought my first rt10 back in 1994 and it was in january :>(

george

Y2KACR

VCA Member
Reaction score
Re: My \'00 is in \"I\" Status!!!

We ordered ours near the end of February. We are flaying to Detroit tomorrow to pick it up at CAAP on Thursday morning. It has been a long wait ,but I'm sure the tour and drive back will be well worth it...
Good luck to you and see you at the next VOI!