My 38 South-Coast-Slither Pics!

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
38 South-Coast-Slither Pics! (Taken 05/04/2003.)

Did you know that I spent late Sunday night and all of Monday (including Monday night) going through a total of 58 pictures, cropping them, reducing them to a width of 800 (so they would load faster), then sorting through them all to find the best ones? It was 11:15 PM at this point. And if that were not enough, after all that hard work, I spent another 30 minutes (at least) trying to get them to post in this thread at their true 800-width size, because they would only post as the dinky pics you see below, which are about four inches wide. They should be eight inches wide! That just p!ssed me off something fierce. All that hard work, only to be foiled by this!!!

Anyway, because of this, I have included a link to my Image Station account below. The only problem is, you need to create an account to view them. Lame, I know. I'm working on an alternative method. But for now, if you see any of the small pics that you like, you can go to my account, find the same exact pic there, and by clicking on it, you'll see it in its proper 800-width size. You can then save it from there if you like it. Sorry for the bother. Don't cheat yourself of this. They are great pictures. At least eight inches wide. Very clear. Not small and fuzzy like they appear below. Don't let them fool you into not viewing the real deal.

Consider the small pics as a sort of index to the large pics that you can download from my account. Or just bypass these here, and brows the large pics to begin with, using the link below. (If you have any technical difficulties, please let me know. Enjoy!)
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290214371&code=5214111&mode=invite

P.S. If you can get any of these pics to post at their proper size, go for it. I'm still working on the problem.

You must be registered for see images

1996+ Viper RT/10, red, no top.

1998 Viper GTS-R, aka GT2, white with metallic blue stripes.

1998 Viper GTS-R, aka GT2, white with metallic-blue stripes; and Daffy Duck Viper standing behind it. What a Viper!!!

1998 Viper GTS-R, aka GT2, white with metallic-blue stripes; and a 1996+ Viper GTS, yellow.

1998 Viper GTS-R, aka GT2, white with metallic-blue stripes; 1996+ Viper GTS, yellow, and GTS, black; and Daffy Duck Viper standing in the background - quite unaware of the picture being taken, I assure you. Heh-heh.

1996+ Viper RT/10, silver, no top.

2003 Viper SRT-10, black, top down.

2003 Viper SRT-10, black, top down.

2003 Viper SRT-10, black, top down, showing the interior. What great seats, huh?

2003 Viper SRT-10, red, top up; and behind it a 1996+ RT/10, (charcoal, charcoal-silver, or?), double-bubble top in place.

2003 Viper SRT-10, red, top up; and Daffy Duck Viper standing next to it. No, I'm not touching it! It just looks like I am.

2003 Viper SRT-10, silver, top down; shown over RT/10, silver, no top, to demonstrate how much more aggressive the SRT-10 front looks.

2003 Viper SRT-10, silver, top down; 1996+ RT/10, yellow, no top; and GenI RT/10, no top, dark teal.

2003 Viper SRT-10, silver, top down.

2003 Viper SRT-10, silver, top down.

2003 Viper SRT-10, silver, top down; and eleven+ Vipers shown in the background.

1996+ Viper GTS, red with silver stripes.

1996+ Viper GTS, red with silver stripes; and part of a 1998 GTS-R (white with metallic-blue stripes) behind it.

2003 Viper SRT-10, black, top down; and two 1996+ GTS Vipers, both with silver stripes - left: charcoal; right: charcoal-silver?
I have since learned that the GTS on the left side belongs to BANKTHIS.

2002 Viper GTS FE (two), red with white stripes, sandwiching twin 1996+ GTS Vipers, blue with white stripes.
I have since learned that the GTS FE on the left side belongs to Warren S.

1996+ Viper GTS (two), red with silver stripes, sandwiching a 1996 RT/10, white with blue stripes, soft top in place.

A row of 5 Vipers, the fifth one being a 2003 Viper SRT-10, black, top down.
I have since learned the following...
The 2nd Viper GTS (ACR?), yellow, belongs to Lance "Sting Like a Bee" Watkins.
The 3rd Viper RT/10, silver, belongs to Dave Jenkins Viper Tech.
The 4th Viper GTS, charcoal with silver stripes, belongs to BANKTHIS.

32 Vipers in double rows. Both rows include Vipers behind me (not shown), and another row of Vipers to the far right (not shown).

1996+ Viper GTS ACR, red with silver stripes; and behind it an RT/10, black, double-bubble top on.

1996+ Viper GTS, black with silver stripes. The GTS lettering is fallowed by a red R even though it is not a 1998 GTS-R. Why?

1996+ Viper GTS, red with silver stripes.

1996+ Viper RT/10, sapphire, double-bubble top in place. This is the Viper in question as to being Steven Spielberg's. Anyone know?

1996+ Viper GTS, silver with black stripes.

1996+ Viper RT/10, black, no top. This Viper has the cognac Connolly leather interior (not shown).

1996+ Viper RT/10, black, no top, showing the cognac Connolly leather interior.

1996+ Viper RT/10, black, no top, with chromed 20" Startech wheels. The brightness of the sun caused the violet reflections. Sorry.

1996+ Viper RT/10, (charcoal, charcoal-silver, or?), double-bubble top in place (no question about that).

1996+ Viper RT/10, (charcoal, charcoal-silver, or?), no top (I know that much. *chuckle*)

1996+ Viper RT/10, red, no top.

GenI Viper RT/10, red, black side pipes, original wheels (but polished), no top.

1996+ Viper RT/10, yellow, no top; and nine+ Vipers shown in the background.

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, well...okay. Though I thought one had to be a member of the VCA to use the VCA Galleries. Just goes to show what I know? I'll try that. Working on it now. If all goes well, I'll edit my first post, and take out all the unnecessary crap.

Well, according to the website, I cannot log in under my username and password. So, this tells me that I have to be a member of the VCA in order to use the VCA Galleries. Am I incorrect? If not, why can't I log in to use the Galleries?

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daffy, your hard work paid off! Beautiful job with the pics! :)

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, thanks.

I tell ya, I'm worn out from those pics. *chuckle* I even worked on them more this evening.

I have a website to host my pics. So, from here on out, I'll have a simple link that anyone can go to, and view the high-quality pics that I'll be putting on my website.

The website address is short and easy to type in, but right now, because it has not completed transfer, you need to use this more complex link:

www.mgon1.netfirms.com

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Daffy

thanks for your efforts buddy!

I loved your website - where I saw the pics first - but it was so popular last evening when I tried to show my honey, that the site was shut down.... :(

You've got some of the best Viper pics together that I've seen - awesome...

But do you know the thing that struke me the most?

The SRT10's - despite all the flack they get from the squashed clown shoe owners (that was a joke) - looked beautiful - even alongside their older siblings! Most pics I've seen of the SRT10's did not do them justice - but seeing them like that brought it home how good they really are.

Not saying the new looks better than the old - but it was a great comparison. They look fabulous to me anyway...

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, Torquey.

I'm glad you got to see the pics I took at least once. Sorry that you could not show them to your honey. Believe me, I wish the site had more band width. I have to pay to get more, which I'm not in a position to do right now. I though the answer to my initial problem was solved by getting that website up and hosted for free. But as we've all seen, it was so popular that the 24-hour band width allocation was exceeded. I did not see that one coming. I've recently - FINALLY - learned what I needed to know about opening an account on the VCA in the Image Galleries section. So, I'll be able to make some pics available there. Thank you, VCA. Though I could use a larger account. *hint*hint* LOL Is nothing never enough? *smirk* Yeah, well, but it's more like this:
Let's see, how's that song go?...
"Enough is enough is enough, I can't go on, no, no, no..." *chuckle*
It's like this, and it's like that. *splat*

P.S. My website is back up: http://www.mgon.us
You all get your seeing in before the bandwidth is used up again!