My Amazing Gen 5 Viper Adventure!

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Power Tour is completed. Driving back to Texas from Concord, NC. We are at 3600 miles so far, should clear 4000 miles by the time we get back. Car is averaging 19.5 mpg, and we have been driving 10-15 over. Viper rides pretty nice with a trunk full of luggage and 2 people in the car. The wife and I have enjoyed the week long road trip! I have many photos to share when I get back.

Only a few quirks to report, related to the Nav head unit. It has restarted itself twice during the trip, for no reason. We usually have the air vents set at bi-level, floor and dash. Sometimes when we first start the engine, the dash vents do not blow. This means having to use the nav screen to reset the bi-level, even though it indicates it is already that setting. Nav screen locked up once, did not take any touch inputs. We figured out how to force-restart the head unit, you hold the volume and tune buttons down at the same time for a few seconds.

Tony

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, that Z06 traveled the entire trip with us. It is a mid-10 second car. I was glad just to be within a car length of it.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Makes me smile, you have more mileage on your new car, then i do with my 04. I gotta get out more. Gorgous car.
Power Tour is completed. Driving back to Texas from Concord, NC. We are at 3600 miles so far, should clear 4000 miles by the time we get back. Car is averaging 19.5 mpg, and we have been driving 10-15 over. Viper rides pretty nice with a trunk full of luggage and 2 people in the car. The wife and I have enjoyed the week long road trip! I have many photos to share when I get back.

Only a few quirks to report, related to the Nav head unit. It has restarted itself twice during the trip, for no reason. We usually have the air vents set at bi-level, floor and dash. Sometimes when we first start the engine, the dash vents do not blow. This means having to use the nav screen to reset the bi-level, even though it indicates it is already that setting. Nav screen locked up once, did not take any touch inputs. We figured out how to force-restart the head unit, you hold the volume and tune buttons down at the same time for a few seconds.

Tony

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony

This seems to be quite an issue across the entire line up!

I'll have to try this. So far Chrysler or UConnect has not been helping my Dad and his Dart's navigation, force-restarts have worked like a charm for me this month!

--RS

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard and read similar issues on the ram and dart forums.
I hope they offer a ******** option.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes me smile, you have more mileage on your new car, then i do with my 04. I gotta get out more. Gorgous car.

No sense saving the miles for the next guy. I have almost 18K miles on my '06 coupe. Get it out and drive it more :)

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing and great car...

White SRT, track pack and leather is what I'm looking for. Maybe yellow or grey, but white looks awesome. Wish they offered red leather in the SRT.

Let's see the pics!!!!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red leather seats are available.

Thanks for sharing and great car...

White SRT, track pack and leather is what I'm looking for. Maybe yellow or grey, but white looks awesome. Wish they offered red leather in the SRT.

Let's see the pics!!!!

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome adventure. I've got 18k miles on my 08 acr. These cars are meant to be driven. Picking up a car out of state, or out of many states :) and driving it back is something you never forget. Have fun. Keep the shiny side up and drive!

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is that a common package in the vette community

I don't know how common it is, but it seems right in line with the results I've seen from similar combos. I just know which car this is since the owner frequents another forum I'm on (LS1Tech), which is where I first saw the video.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cammed Z06's are just about as common as Harleys with pipes. Most make 550-560 rwhp with cam/headers/tune. This particular orange one still has the stock LS7 intake manifold, and a simple swap to a FAST intake will get 600 rwhp.

Made it home from the trip! 4,311 miles total now.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cammed Z06's are just about as common as Harleys with pipes. Most make 550-560 rwhp with cam/headers/tune. This particular orange one still has the stock LS7 intake manifold, and a simple swap to a FAST intake will get 600 rwhp.

Made it home from the trip! 4,311 miles total now.

Again and again : CONGRATS !
A driver's car that gets driven !

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to upload photos from the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour 2013. The trip was 2,727 miles in one week. The car now has 4,311 total on it, in two weeks of ownership.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, what an adventure. I remember the first couple of Power Tours back in the day. I believe I was building my supercharged Camaro, really wanting to find a way to join but not able to spare the time. They made it easy too, starting or ending in So Cal. Great pics, great times.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am envious. I would love to do this with this car. I think this viper would be a car I would actually keep for a while so I wouldn't mind doing a road trip in it. Though may I ask where are you keeping the luggage on this trip? lol. There isn't exactly much trunk space.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am envious. I would love to do this with this car. I think this viper would be a car I would actually keep for a while so I wouldn't mind doing a road trip in it. Though may I ask where are you keeping the luggage on this trip? lol. There isn't exactly much trunk space.

Two medium-sized soft duffel bags fit in the back very well. Backpacks on the upper shelf. I just had to leave a small gap in the middle of the shelf to see out the back window.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That picture is worth a thousand words. Looks like you can fit a fair amount of soft bags back there, if you're creative.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL at driving the entire way and making Lisa wash the car :rolaugh:

Jealous of all the fun you've had with the new car Tony!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you have you V1 set up ? I got stopped by a highway patrol for my V1 "obscuring" my line of sight......I guess he was unhappy that he could not write me up for speeding.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story and love the pictures, especially that rolling shot. I was really on the fence with the GEN 5, but after seeing in person last week for the first time and seeing all these delivery shots, I am in heaven!

tito#14srt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thread awesome pics and info on the new gen v you are really having a blast and enjoying her!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper