MY FAVOURITE-BEST VIPER ARTICLE I HAVE READ

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car and Driver, November 2002 issue. Starts out "Holy Crap" and a picture of bacon and eggs cooking on the side sill.
Quotes from the article
Bread-loaf sized Brembo Brakes!

Idles like an In-Sink-Erator with bottle caps - no one cares!

When full hookup commenses the accelrative thrust is just this side of delusionary!

My Favoutite line: "Here's how fast the Viper is: real goddamn fast."

The Dodge didn't break!

How anything weighing more than Jimy Spencer's Winston Cup Dodge can stop in 153 ft!!!!!

You won't climb out and say "Well she understeers"

You'll swear you arecriding ******** on a 500 hp V10!

The history books are being written right now!

Read the article - had me chuckling all the way to Denver (was flying)

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gavin,

Right On.....THE BEST VIPER ARTICLE ever by the press. My Supra buddies bought the magazine for me. They too loved it. Finally something good in print about the Viper.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A real good review (the guy loved the car). More quotes;

"Viper Loyalists equate this car's brutality- its roar, its ride, its heat, its dearth of amenities- with exclusivity and kind of back to basics purity. Well fine. Some folks insist that breakfast is more enjoyable when you slaughter your own hogs (voi 8?).

And hey, we celebrate anybody who essentially hand-builds a low- volume car that causes even onlooking dogs to smile."

"But the truth is, a Z06 Corvette - some $33K less costly- is not only miles more comfy but is more effective in real world A-to-B blasts, simply because its HALF as difficult to drive."

At first I thought he was voting for the Z06. But I think he is poking fun at the masses. The only thing that keeps them from appreciating the Viper is there inability to control (drive) it.

OP
OP
G

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got it Jeff - the guy loves the car and my sense is he is a real advocate of the Viper period. All models!