My new Corsa/SRT Track Exhaust has a special bonus... heh heh heh!

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fellow Viperists;

Yes, I installed the Corsa SRT "Track Cat-Back Exhaust" on my SRT this week (actually, I had the local Viper tech do it). This system removes the H-pipe exhaust merging (for sound) tubes, and REALLY ELIMINATES the heat from behind the seats. IT SOUNDS AWESOME!

So awesome, in fact, that on my first trip to a large grocery store I set off several Rice Rocket car alarms. I am SO proud! I even stopped the SRT in another location in the parking lot when I spied a couple of slammed/be-stickered ricer candidates. I then re-started the Viper, and YES, I set them off too! This is more fun than "Cow-tipping" (you don't wanna know, it's an Iowa thing).

Well, concerning the serious side of the Corsa system, it performs and sounds as advertised. Nice deep rumble on start and idle. Throaty and deeper on mild acceleration, and growls at full throttle, whisper quiet at cruise on highway in 5th gear...super quiet in 6th with the top down!

When the top is up, the system is a little quieter than stock, but better tone. So far, the real joy to me is when the top is down. Lots of deep crackle and pop on decelleration. Going under an under-pass is a blast as you rumble through. There is something about install to report, however.

My Tech felt that the Drive-Shaft needed to be removed in order to install the system- otherwise he said he would have had to force it. There is nothing mentioned about this in the Corsa instructions he said.

I highly recommed this system! I think the computer may have needed to be unhooked for some reason. I am driving aggressively just to ensure it knows I like the full power.

Try one!

Jim :usa:

JoeBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean just got mine last night from the dealer with Belanger headers and Corsa Track exhaust and it sounds great with the Aluminum fly wheel and regearing the car it is totally awesome.

ViperBran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered the corsa track system with 1 pair of random tech cats. Would you remove the first set of cats and then put the high flows on or would you forget about the high flow cats totally and just leave the stock? Not really sure what to do.

JoeBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The high flows replaced the stock cats with the headers I used which makes it sound more like what you would expect a muscle car to sound like and with the regearing the diff makes it a whole different car. Good luck.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"My Tech felt that the Drive-Shaft needed to be removed in order to install the system- otherwise he said he would have had to force it. There is nothing mentioned about this in the Corsa instructions he said"

Jim, why was the drive shaft removed? I installed mine in under 3 hours at my local Valvoline oil change center. Never had an issue with the drive shaft. Was he driving up the hours for profit?