My South Coast Slither Experience!

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[Note: I'll be posting quite a few pictures soon!]

I was at the South Coast Slither 2003 gathering (10:00 AM to 11:30 AM) with my brother and his wife.

At 11:25 AM, when it ended, all the Viper owners got in their Vipers, started the engines, some of them revving the beasts to a thunderous roar, while proceeding to exit the parking lot of Duke's Restaurant in a long beautiful colorful line. Gosh but you could feel the energy vibrate through you, and taste the excitement on the air. I waved, and said things like "have fun" (to those that had their windows down), but what I really wanted to do was jump up and down and shout with joy. Yes, the Vipers inspired that much glee in me. It was dreamy. *sigh*

It was such a glorious event. Every kind of Viper was there. We got to see them all up close and personal. It was awesome! All three colors of the SRT/10 Vipers were there - silver, black, and red. There were even two 1998 GTS-R Vipers. There were also two 2002 GTS FE Vipers (red with white stripes), several GTS ACR Vipers, and a couple of 1996 RT/10 Vipers, one white with blue stripes, the other black with silver stripes. We took a lot of pictures! *grin* (I will post them soon. They are huge, so I need to reduce the size some. They'll take all day to load if I don't.)

Of note, besides the obvious - Vipers galore! - I finally got to see the 20" Startech wheels in person. They are extremely impressive. The best looking wheels there. They were chromed, which is not how they come stock, and that made all the difference. Pictures don't do these wheels justice.

I got to meet Hissses (and his wife?). I took a picture of me standing next to his blue/white-striped 1997 Viper GTS (hope you don't mind, Hissses.) I met Viblur (and his son?), as well. I also met Dave - whose VCA screen name I don't know. All three of these guys were quite nice and very friendly. (Glad I got to meet you guys!) I only hung around them a bit, talking for a short time, because I did not want to be a pest (for want of a better word). I'm sure Viper owners get tired of people "hanging all over" them and their Viper. So, I played it polite, just feeling ecstatic to be there, and happy to meet a few Viper owners. It is unfortunate that I did not get to meet more. I did not get to meet BANKTHIS (Barry), Brad Manhattan Beach (Brad), Warren S (Warren), Greg 99ACR Red and Silver (Greg), Vic, 4B Viper, David Jenkins, or fletcher (Mike); though I suspect that I saw their Vipers among the many Vipers that were there. I just could not stakeout each Viper, waiting for its owner to show up, so I could introduce myself, and find out if they are so-and-so from the Viper forum. But at least I got to meet a few of you.

The two hour trip was so worth it! It was wonderful getting to see at least one of every kind of Viper produced. All generations were there. And in all forms:
1. RT/10 Vipers without tops, without windows, some with windows "popped" in, some with soft tops, some with hard tops, some with short wings, some with beige interiors, some with gray interiors, most with black interiors, some with aftermarket paintjobs, some with aftermarket tailpipes, some with aftermarket wheels - the chromed Startech wheels being notable.
2. GTS Vipers without tails, some with large tails, some with ground effects, some with elaborate custom paintjobs [like a certain yellow one with purple stripes (no picture, sorry)], there was even one Viper with a little doggie in it wearing a red knit sweater with the Southern California Viper Logo sewn into the top. It was so cute! And the Viper was damnsexy. (Always end your paragraphs with Viper information.)
3. SRT-10 Vipers with tops down, one with top up, two with me standing next to them. *chuckle* Admittedly, the SRT-10 list is quite short, but that's because the SRT-10 is so new. Not a lot of aftermarket support...yet! But it's on the way, like Autoform's six-piece body kit that has just been completed. Sure would have been nice to see one of those there. *grin*

Speaking of the SRT-10, in general. We all have read the many opinions posted by others on what they think about Dodge's latest Viper, its third incarnation, the SRT-10. Well, having gotten to experience all three of the 2003 SRT-10 "versions" - silver, black, red - at the same time, now you can read my opinion on this same subject, at least insofar as looks go.

First of all, the SRT-10 is a beautiful Viper. Anyone that straight-out doesn't like it, well, so much for taste. And so what if it's not like the RT/10 and GTS. Hello, it’s the next generation. It's still clearly Viper. And it looks awesome. Anyone claiming otherwise has not had enough experience with other cars. In other words, they're green! Wet behind the ears! It is of my opinion that the SRT-10 looks sharper and way more aggressive head-on than both the RT/10 and GTS, but that the RT/10 and GTS look sharper and more aggressive from the side and the back than the SRT-10. The interior of the SRT-10 is superior to that of the RT/10 and GTS. I love the sharp, angled, deep gash in the side of the SRT-10 while at the same time feeling the same way about the rounded deep gash of the RT/10 and GTS. But you can't have both on the new model, so I think the angled one works best with everything else that has made the generation III Viper what it is. I think that the back of the SRT-10, specifically the top, does not quite go with the sharp aggressive front of the Viper or the angled gash at both sides. But I think that the bottom part is great - the two big vent holes and the black under-fins. This is unique and really cool. I love the new wheels. As for color, which is the only thing that separates one "version" from the other, I have come to the following conclusions:

1. Black, though a beautiful color, surrounding its subject in mystery, is only the best color when you want awesome-looking pictures. Black is extremely photogenic (attractive in photographs), though it is not persogenic (attractive in person). Why? Because in person, black has a way of creating dead zones within itself - whole areas that suddenly become lost to your eyes as you walk around the Viper; lines that just disappear. But in pictures, when the lighting is right, no color makes the Viper look as beautiful as black does. Argue this all you want. And this goes for all Vipers, not just the SRT-10 models. Black is not the color for a living, breathing, moving Viper. But, hey, if you're just going to take pictures of it, then black can't be beat!!! I say this with the utmost respect for the color and its fans. I cannot be convinced otherwise - not after today, having seen several black Vipers parked amongst all the other Viper colors, walking around them all, up and down the isles of some forty Vipers. It was as though the black Vipers did not exist. And to think, I used to think this was the color of all colors. Well, I wasn't entirely wrong. It IS the color of all colors...when needing a great picture model. It's the most photogenic. Wow.
2. Red is somewhat photogenic and somewhat persogenic. Why? Well, though the wording is interpretively negative, I don't mean it in a negative sense. You see, red truly is attractive, however, the positive and negative aspects of the color are relative to other colors. Red has a way of being so visually fast* that it keeps your eyes from being able to fully grasp the whole "picture". Red cheats your eyes of the full experience, keeping them from being able to fully appreciate all the lines (the art) that is the 2003 Viper SRT-10. (*Scientifically speaking, red has the fastest wave length of all colors in the visual spectrum.)
3. Silver is extremely persogenic, but oddly less photogenic. Oddly? Why do I say this? Read on. But first, why silver is, by far, the best color for the 2003 Viper SRT-10. Silver says: "Here I am. See me. See all of me! Experience my beauty. Experience the functional art that I am. I hide nothing. Take all that I am into your mind. I am endless. Your eyes will never tire of me. I am everything at once. I give and I keep on giving." That is what silver does for the SRT-10. But it's not ALL roses, for silver, though extremely persogenic, is oddly less photogenic. Its true downfall is in that it just cannot make the transition from physical to image without dying. The light within silver is too much of a living thing. It is lost to photography. It can't be captured.

...But you, my readers, whose hearts have been captured by my poetic words, I have no doubt that you understand where I'm coming from; that you believe as I do; that you agree with me wholeheartedly. We are as kindred spirits. *smirk* Okay, okay, that's a stretch. *chuckle* But really, what I have experienced today, at the South Coast Slither 2003, has left me not just believing what I have written here, but also FEELING what I have experienced! Which is why I created this thread and wrote this post. I had to express and share my experience with you. It was just THAT fantastic and THAT eye-opening.

Oh, and before I forget:
1. Charcoal-silver (is this the color name?) is a beautiful color on the Viper! It has an odd way of looking like there is some form of blue within its metallic depths. Weird and amazing. (I'll post a pic. Let me know what the color is named? Thanks.)
2. Yellow is the most vibrant color I have ever seen on a Viper. It blazes with energy. Now I know why yellow Vipers are the fastest Vipers. *grin*

Now don't take what I've said lightly. Remember, you're reading the words of someone who has just experienced every kind of Viper in the way of seeing and standing in the presence of some forty Vipers at the same time! I'm experienced, baby! Heh-heh. Can't touch this!!! *theme music blasts*

Please Read:
Below is a list of license plates of some of the Vipers that were at the South Coast Slither 2003 gathering. If you see your plate in the list, please say hi, so I'll know that I actually got to see YOUR beautiful Viper. Thank you for adding to this wonderful experience of mine that I will forever treasure as being my very first Viper gathering. The only way this can get better is when I get to attend with MY beautiful Viper, next year! *sparkly smile*

License Plates:
ITILFLY
SSSRPNT
UPAYNOW
ITWLFLY
VIPER10
DTECHCA
GRN UFO
BD ASP
AQUAUV1
OBSDIEN
BDRPTLE
POIZUN
WHTVNMS
ITBITME
ODAAT13
4UAD256*
(*Steven Spielberg's Viper? I ask because the owner of this Viper looked just like Steven Spielberg. Anyone know if one of the guys attending happened to look like Spielberg or if, in fact, this really was Spielberg? Just curious.)

P.S. Remember, I'll be posting quite a few pictures very soon!

!!!HAPPY VIPERING!!!

You must be registered for see images

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Daffy:

Sorry that we didn't get to meet today. Warren and I were both there. My plate is VIPER 10 (the blue/white GTS with the kids seat in it for my 4 year old son). Did you come into Dukes for the brunch. Not bad for haole food... The Kama'aina singers were very cool.

It was a perfect day for a cruise. Did you follow us down the coast?
See you next time around.

Brad :usa:

PS: By the way, who got the ticket in the black RT?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Glad you had fun, Daffy!

4B Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was awesome experience to drive in a line of Vipers down the freeway and then to see over 60 Vipers in the lot. One thing to note is that seeing all the Vipers in person definitely changed my opinion on what my favorite color combos are. Even my friend who came along on the ride who absolutely hated yellow Vipers now places it as #2 as her favorite Viper color. Anyway, here are a few pics:

One side of the lot. Vipers as far as the eye can see:

Other side of the lot. Bad pic though. Should have stood back further.

Taking a left onto PCH:

Sitting in a Viper with a Viper in the front and a Viper in abck:

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to hear you had a great time out there Daffy! Me and wife did too. Just want to give a big Thank You! to everyone who attended and especially those who coordinated the Slither. A big "Mahalo" to the island folks at Duke's.

By the way, I was the first FE to pull in, the first one in 4B's picture.

--Warren.
;)

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We counted 63 Vipers at the HB pier.

16SSCN0413-thumb.JPG

16SSCN0412-thumb.JPG

(Jeez. Postage stamp anyone? This is as big a pic as I can post at the 'other' site.)

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
16DSCN0403-1-med.jpg

16DSCN0402-med.JPG

(Had to crop the hell out of these to make the full-size pic small enough to fit. Is there no happy medium?)

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a tough time with my camera too because of all the cars (you just can't get 'em all in one shot) and the early morning sun angle created a lot of shadows. But here it goes...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thats me in spot 19!

(You have to squint a little!)

Lance "Sting Like a Bee" Watkins is in 20, Dave Jenkins Viper tech in 21, and Barry "BankThis" in 22.

CAP, I saw your kids with you, they are good looking. I can understand that from the mother's side, but.... :D

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CAP, I saw your kids with you, they are good looking. I can understand that from the mother's side, but.... :D

It's ALL Mom! :)

Regarding the boys:

One is the SpeedShine Kid and he's great at cleaning/detailing.

The other has yet to graduate from wheel-well cleaning and sidewall ArmorAll-ing.

Train 'em young, train 'em well. ;)

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to meet you Daffy, only wish we could have you come on the slither with us, Hopefully next year! Thanks to all, had a good time with the exception of the rain on the way up.

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to meet you Daffy, only wish we could have you come on the slither with us, Hopefully next year! Thanks to all, had a good time with the exception of the rain on the way up.

Nice meeting you, too, Hissses. It sure would have been great to have gotten to go on the slither with you all. I had not thought to ask, in advance, if I might go with someone. I just didn't think it would do to be so presumptuous and forward. Though, from the few I talked with at the gathering, they actually tried to think of someone that did not have a passenger with them so I could ride along. I was amazed and delighted that they would do such a thing. Everyone was so friendly. I was even asked if I was going to fallow along when you guys drove along the coast. I had not even thought that something like that would be okay since I had no Viper, and I was not part of the gathering, just a guy witnessing the awesome Viper event. Ya know? Anyway, I was way off in what I thought. I learned a lot from this gathering. I learned what some Viper owners are really like - great people! And I learned just what Vipers I really like the most. It was all a very eye-opening experience. Everyone should get to (and have to) attend a huge Viper gathering before they can spout off about what they like and don't like about a Viper, because until you see them all together, and can compare them right next to each other, you don't really know ****. And pictures don't do it. They are like night and day. The camera lies. I know this now. Oh boy do I.

It was awesome being there with you all. I'm glad I got to meet a few of you. For those of you that I did not get to meet, I will next round! And, at least I was there with you, even if I did not actually get to shake your hand. The event was absolutely glorious. I've got more things to say, but first this...

I finally posted my pics. To view them, please go to this thread:

My 38 South-Coast-Slither Pics!
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=genvipdis&Number=269548&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

Enjoy!

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, all. I have a website to host my South Coast Slither pics (and others).
So now you don't have to have an account or anything to view them. Just click on this link....

www.mgon1.netfirms.com

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so, I still wanted to express what my final conclusion was, having experienced being around every kind of Viper at the same time. This has never happened to me before. Until the South Coast Slither event, I have always only seen like one viper every several months, if that. I kid you not. There just are not a lot of Vipers in the desert area of the Coachella Valley. Anyway, so in addition to what I learned, and posted at the beginning of this thread, I also learned just what Vipers I definitely like.

If I could only have one Viper, period, I would own a 1998 GTS-R (aka GT2), hands down, not a doubt in my mind, never looking back, a smile on my face 'till the end of my days. Heh-heh.

Of the RT/10 Vipers, solid colors, my two favorite are charcoal-silver and yellow. Prior to the South Coast Slither, I had not a clue which was my favorite color. Now, of these two colors, which is my favorite? That is not so easy to choose. I think that is relative to other factors. For example: Daytime, charcoal-silver works best, but not at nighttime. Nighttime, yellow works best, but also works second-best in the daytime compared to all other colors. This would seem that yellow is the over-all best color, right? The thing is, if you see charcoal-silver in person, that odd inner-blue it has to it - absolutely gorgeous! The decision will not be easy when the time comes, I know that...but look forward to it with great anticipation. Question: What color options did the 2002 models come in?

Of the GTS Vipers, striped colors, my two favorite are blue with white stripes and red with white stripes. The blue/striped is just very dynamic in its color and self-contrasting. The red/striped is not so dynamic, nor so self-contrasting, but because it is red, it's very vibrant, and because of the white stripes giving your eyes some thing to focus on, it is quite sharp looking. Here, again, not an easy decision to make. Question: What color options did the 2002 models come in?

Of the SRT-10 Vipers, solid color 2003 models, my single favorite is silver. Hands down, no vacillating between color choices, decision already made, and rock-solid in that decision. When the time comes, I'll be like - BAM! - give me silver, biotch!!! *chuckle* Oh wait, but that's only if I were to get a 2003 SRT-10 Viper. The plan is to get a 2004, so, so much for easy decisions since there will be a new color to experience, maybe even two new colors to experience, before I'll know for sure. But, hey, that'll be great fun! :D

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Question: What color options did the 2002 models come in?
'02 GTS:
Red w/white stripes "Final Edition" (only combo this year)
Red w/silver stripes
Red
Yellow w/black stripes
Yellow
Graphite (no stripes)

'02 RT/10:
same colors as above but no stripes

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to teach you right..... "GT-2" is the correct name for you favorite Viper. GTS-R is the Oreca purpose built racing Viper that won LeMan's, which the GT-2 commemorates :) Unfortunately, many seem to use the names interchangeably.

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warren,
Hey thanks. I appreciate the quick info. I know I could look it up, and find out in time, but I figured as long as I was writing all that stuff, it couldn't hurt to ask, because I know many of you have those facts down in your head. Heh. So, thank you.

Jay,
As for the Interchangeability of GTS-R and GT-2 (not GT2?). I totally understand what you mean because I see people use it that way all the time, and it took me a while to understand that the GTS-R, white with metallic-blue stripes (which says GTS-R on its side panels), is also called the GT-2, and quite often. But I did not know that it is referred to GT-2 more so as not confuse it with the Viper GTS-R Oreca. I see now. I always preferred to call it the GTS-R because every time someone said GT2 I thought they were talking about the Porsche GT2. *chuckle* So, now I know that GT-2 (with the dash?) is the correct way to make sure I'm dead on about the 1998 Viper GTS-R? Is nothing easy with things anymore? Heh-heh. I'm learning though. Give me time. Just keep correcting me. I'm a Viper-knowledge *****. Hah-hah. I take notes all the time from what I learn here in the Viper forum.

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, hey, I have another question that has been bugging me. There are two colors out there, which I learned about from the South Coast Slither event. I have been referring to them as charcoal and charcoal-silver, the difference between the two being that the "charcoal" one is darker, and the "charcoal-silver" one is lighter, but also has what I have been describing as an odd bluish color within its depths. Now, factoring in Warren's info, there is a color called graphite. Is the color that I've been calling charcoal really graphite? Which would make the color I've been calling charcoal-silver really charcoal? Or is it the opposite of this? Or are there really true colors that go by the name of charcoal and charcoal-silver? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? LOL This unknown color and yellow are my favorite solid colors, and I'd like to know the true names of them instead of just guessing. Any info would be great, thanks.

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that *****. I just cant win! Damnit.

I was checking on my website, and, as some of you may have experience already, instead of being greeted by my friendly Daffy Duck Viper logo, the following message came up...

The website you have requested has exceeded its daily bandwidth quota of 56MB and has been temporarily de-activated. It will automatically be re-activated within 24 hrs.

That just bites it. I'll have to pay $60 to keep that from continuing to happen in the future...if it continues to be accessed at a rate of over 56MB of band width per day. *frown* Well, that's what happens when you get free hosting. *slump*

Now taking donations. *chuckle*

BANKTHIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo Duck, Yes there are two different Grays. My car is a 02 Graphite Gray with silver stripes, only offered in 2002 (1 of 60). The other Gray is a 2000 color which is called Steel Gray, also offered with stripes. The steel Gray has the blue tint. Both are great colors.

Barry

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah hah! Thank you so much. Whew. Now I can relax on that matter. LOL

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're welcome Daff!

BANKTHIS (Barry), I didn't know the graphite w/ stripes was available on the '02 GTS. Sorry, my error. Hummm, am I blind, your snake's in the photo *DUH* :confused: The "Features By Model Year" section doesn't include the '02 graphite with the stripes. Needs update?

'02 GTS:
Red w/white stripes "Final Edition" (only combo this year)
Red w/silver stripes
Red
Yellow w/black stripes
Yellow
Graphite w/silver stripes (correction)
Graphite

'02 RT/10:
same colors as above but no stripes

--Warren.

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Warren, and everybody else, because of what BANKTHIS said, and because of what I discovered last night, and because of what you posted here, which goes along with my discovery of last night,
I have started a new thread along the lines of this very subject...

Viper Exterior/Interior Color Guide (pic)
http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=270541&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

Let's continue the new discussion there, shall we? I mean, this is kind of getting away from the South Coast Slither experiences.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Daffy,
Even those of us who own Vipers learn something new almost daily from this forum. I've been calling my GT2 a GTSR interchangeably as well. The side fender badge has GTSR on it. I sure appreciate your input, I see your name in many places. Makes me want to take up an offering and buy you a Viper. I can't wait til you get yours!! Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh-heh. Thanks, Dave. What a nice thing to say. I AM all over the place, aren't I? *chuckle* You should see inside my head. Same thing there. I chase the voices around from place to place. Here I am, there I am. Here I be. There I be! Where am I now? *smirk*

Okay, so from here on out, that particular white Viper, the "GTS: GT2 Edition," with the metallic-blue stripes and wing and ground effects - which they only made 100 of in 1998 - shall we call it a GT-2 or a GT2? They use both terms in the Dodge Viper Feature Highlights section: http://ivr.viperclub.org/viperfeatures.html

See for yourself: As taken from that very section...

1998 MODEL YEAR
Tubular stainless headers (24 lbs. lighter, unclaimed + 4hp)
Camshaft change
Next-generation driver air bag
Passenger air bag on/off switch on dash
All: Silver exterior color
All: Change from smooth to "textured" dash
All: Small "Viper emblem" added to sill covers
All: Alarm reset switch
All: Silver exterior color
All: Mid-year changes:
PCV upgrade,
RDC added a fan
RT/10: Hood updated to be same as GTS with NACA duct.
GTS: Optional Blue Center Stripes with Silver exterior color
GTS: Optional Silver Center Stripes with Red exterior color
GTS: GT2 Edition
Limited production run, in VIN sequence of 100 cars to Commemorate Le Mans victory.
100 car Le Mans victory commemorative GT-2 Run
White with Blue Stripes
Smooth intake tubes and K&N air filters (Rated at 460 HP)
Special GT-2 Badging and decals
Blue interior theme
Racing harnesses with Oreca Logo
Rear Wing (set neutral)
18" BBS Wheels with Viper logo center caps and Michelin Pilot Sport™ tires
"Assembly Camera" in glove compartment
Lower side sill "ground effects"
Front fender "winglets"

From reading the above, it seems like the "GT-2" name is the one to go with. What do you think? After all, it says that they have special GT-2 badging and decals. Does your 1998 have badging and decals that say GT-2? Or do they say GT2?

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved those color descriptions - you put into words what my eyes have seen but didn't know how to tell my brain :) that's a gift you have their!

for example - I'd never have thought about a yellow Viper until I saw one, nor red until I saw one, I would have thought about black - until I saw one etc.

I still like Blue and white (from my first Viper picture to now) and the steel grey, but yellow is right up there with red and choosing between the 4 will be tough.... real tough.

re the blueish grey metallic colour - yeah it's really cool. The Murcielago I went to see recently was in that and it's so nice in person - not so good in pics. Over hear it's often called "Gunmetal Grey".

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved those color descriptions - you put into words what my eyes have seen but didn't know how to tell my brain :) that's a gift you have their!

Awww shucks.. What to say to that?
Am I not the master of my own words? Hey wait, we all have that power! *chuckle*
How's that saying go?...
USE YOUR WORDS!!! Heh-heh-heh.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daffy,
From reading your posts I know you are a trivia buff so here goes:
On the fenders and windshield it is GTSR.
On the flag badge (left side behind door) FIA GT2 Champion.
The dash plaque has GTSR with FIA GT2 Champion.
On the congratulation card "Commemorative GT2 Vehicle."
In the manual (it's still in original wrapper, sorry!!)
On the car cover box "GTSR-FIA GT2 Champion.
On the car cover "GTSR and FIA GT2 Champion.
On and in the portfolio "GT2 Championship Edition Viper."
Picture in portfolio "Viper GTS-R."
On the window sticker under optional equipment
"GT2 Championship Edidion Group $15,000."
Vehicle shipping order has a #GT200113 on it.
Viper Magazine cover of summer 98 has "Viper GT2."
Parts of a letter included in the portfolio:
...Your recent purchase of a Dodge Viper GT2 clearly...
...personalized Viper GT2 portfolio which contains three autographed and numbered GT2 prints, autographed GTS-R driver cards, a personalized GT2 car cover, and a wash tag with tips on washing and protecting your GT2.
...we hope that you will enjoy your Viper GT2 ownership..

So, me thinks Jay is correct. The GTSR refers to the purpose built racing Viper. It is a GT2, built to commemorate the LeMans win. However, I haven't found a
GT-2 anywhere only GT2. A technicality but important to you trivia buffs : You must have volumes of notes!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235