MY VIPER IS BEING SHIPPED ON 9/17/02 :)

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been in Italy for the past 3 weeks and did not check forum until tonight.

I spoke with the dealer today. He called his rep and she said that it should be shipped by the end of October. The dodge factory rep knew nothing about the 50 state cert.

I will let you know if I get more info.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

Yes it is the mystery of CAAP, aka "Area 51". I gotta get credit for that one!

It is frustrating that even factory reps don't know anything about Vipers. The dealers only know what is on their daily order sheets, and that is the best they can do and I understand their viewpoint. Only a few of our big Viper dealers really get the fresh info.

It is a special machine and very low volume, hence it is not a top priority for reps or the salesforce. You can't blame them, but it would be nice if the reps had a direct phone number to someone at CAAP where they could get answers about the Vipers being produced for their territory. I am sure CAAP doesn't want to be bothered every day by salesman checking on every single Viper. An update list provided to the rep every couple of weeks would be cool; then they could just call the dealers.

Better yet; Instead of a CAAP webcam which was suggested but apparently not feasible and understandably so, how about a posted CAAP "Daily update" with VINS and production, scheduling, color being built, how many were "born", etc.? THAT would be cool and extremely helpful! It would save the dealers alot of work and daily phone calls from all of us impatiently waiting in no man's land. I think I will post a topic here on this idea; sounds reasonable and easy doesn't it?

Jim

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through the same thing with my 2002 X-50 Porsche Twin Turbo. I paid over 160K for the car and they NEVER knew where the car was until it showed up at the dealer.

I own several companies and when I order my fleet vehicles (Ford F250/350, Taurus, Explorers) I get an update from the fleet company every week for these cars telling me where they are and when they will be delivered. Why can't we get accurate info on these high ticket items????

ROB

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even a daily CAAP update wouldn't fly. The rework area would be under too much pressure to get the cars out, instead of a focus on quality. Imagine you could 'see' your cars location every day. One day the body is made, a few days later the car hits assembly, then the final line....you assume it will be shipped within a day or two, right? Let's say someone driving it to the shipping area notices a defect and the car is written up and brought back to rework where the car is dismantled to fix a broken wire under the dash. It might take a LONG time for the car to pass back through the system and in the meantime it missed the truck to BFE. This would not be info DC would like you to find out. I try to be patient, but I agree the wait was driving me crazy, that's why I got a 2002 GTS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth