NC Cruise to VOI - Thursday September 27th

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Several members have been discussing wanting to cruise together to VOI on Thursday September 27th. Given the last Q&A session is at 4pm and some time prior to that needed to check in to hotels and the event, I would suggest meeting for lunch around noon in High Point, NC. Additionally, people east such as in the Triangle could meet around 10-10:30 in the Triangle area (or in Burlington) to cruise together to the lunch. Anyone have any thoughts/preferences on this? Information on High Point area lunch places that are good and convenient to 85?

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leaving Raleigh by 9:30 would be good. Probably get to High Point about 11:30. There is a BBQ place there called Kepley's that is supposed to be pretty good. (anyone eat there, please add comments)

Another option is to have lunch in Lexington. It is a few more minutes down the road from High Point, and it has a ton of great BBQ places (refer to my favorite BBQ site: http://bbqjew.com/thejoints/).

Arriving at a restaurant around 11:30 vs. noon will probably give us a LOT more parking spaces to use, and we might need several.

Either way, we should be in Charlotte around 2. That should give us time to check in, see the vendors, and make it to the Petty briefing at 4.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just sent out a message to the membership, but if there is a particular push for a restaurant and good information and arrangements able to be made, we could shift the lunch location, I just listed ******* Barrel given easy of finding it, likely to be open and in business, and have plenty of parking for us. Here is the tentative schedule (which includes a bit extra travel time than expected for each leg):

10am: Meet at I40 Exit 154 in Mebane NC (the Tanger Outlets exit) at the Sheetz (1237 Mebane Oaks Road, Mebane, NC)
10:15am: Depart Sheetz
11:45am: Arrive at I85 Exit 76 in Salisbury NC at the ******* Barrel for lunch (1070 Freeland Dr, Salisbury, NC)
1:15pm: Depart ******* Barrel for VOI
2pm: Arrive at VOI site (plenty of time for hotel check-in, registration, attending the afternoon driving information session, etc.)

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And certainly smaller groups could link up on the drive from Raleigh to Mebane, etc.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good John.

Who all from Raleigh is going to VOI?

Looks like several from posting here! Also, Jim, and probably more will commit as the date gets closer. I'm guessing a few north Raleigh folks may want to link earlier and drive to Mebane together?

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm finally registered...

Craig, Brian, Jeremy...let me know when /where y'all are meeting up to head down to Mebane.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife insisted that I make time and go... (she's a keeper). I wasn't all that motivated to sign up, but I know I'd seriously regret missing the event being so close to our region.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife insisted that I make time and go... (she's a keeper). I wasn't all that motivated to sign up, but I know I'd seriously regret missing the event being so close to our region.

Yes, true. If you only ever attend one, this would be it....only 2 hours away. We'll never be this lucky again. Great wife!

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BUMP!!!!

I'm starting to get excited about the party next week... When is the Raleigh crew meeting up on Thursday AM for the drive to Winston????

2nd, I'm trying to get a room at Embassy... anyone have an extra bed? I can get reservations down the street, but prefer to stay there.

-Marko

P.S. Sign up for the meet and greet.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are we meeting up in Raleigh? I am having someone pick up the Red one in Maryland on Tuesday and they will be towing it down. i will be driving the blue one down.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, changing that Petty Q&A to 1 p.m. just means we skip lunch at ******* Barrel.

We can still meet up with other Vipers at the Sheetz in Mebane, but ******* Barrel is a no-go due to time. Mapquest shows Mebane to the Embassy Suites in Concord at under 2 hours.

Regarding leaving Raleigh, we can meet at the church just north of Six Forks Rd and 540 at 8:30 or so and head out at 8:45. Will get us to Sheetz with time to gas up, meet folks, and leave the Sheetz at 10:05. Should get to the Embassy Suites at noon. Sound OK?

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at it closer, I think we can just move the schedule up 1 hour and cut the meal from 1.5 hours to 1 hour, arriving at 12:30pm. Thus, meet at Mebane at 9am, leaving 9:15, ******* Barrel brunch, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth