NC Cruise to VOI - Thursday September 27th

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Revised caravan info:

9am: Meet at I40 Exit 154 in Mebane NC (the Tanger Outlets exit) at the Sheetz (1237 Mebane Oaks Road, Mebane, NC)
9:15am: Depart Sheetz
10:45am: Arrive at I85 Exit 76 in Salisbury NC at the ******* Barrel for lunch (1070 Freeland Dr, Salisbury, NC)
11:45am: Depart ******* Barrel for VOI
12:30pm: Arrive at VOI site (able to attend 1pm Petty Q&A session, then register and have a few hours before dinner)

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
N. Raleigh peeps...

What time do you guys want to meet at the church on Six Forks? Depending on traffic... we should be able to make it to Mebane in 45 minutes.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, we have a group leaving at 8:30am from Raleigh and plan to rendezvous with the John's "Mebane" group along the way. We will be meeting at the address below:

9621 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC 27615

It is literally on the NW corner of intersection of 540 and Six Forks Road.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, we have a group leaving at 8:30am from Raleigh and plan to rendezvous with the John's "Mebane" group along the way.

Thanks Brian. The good Lord willing, we'll meet the early group at the ******* Barrel by 10:45 without a problem.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doh! Thanks Chris, for getting that session added. So, it looks like we can meet at the church a little before 9 and head out by 9 to get to the Sheetz at 10.

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CEJ,

If you're still planning on stopping at ******* Barrel and departing at 1:15 We (MD / VA) should be able to catch you on your way out.

I've sent you a PM with my phone number.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CEJ,

If you're still planning on stopping at ******* Barrel and departing at 1:15 We (MD / VA) should be able to catch you on your way out.

I've sent you a PM with my phone number.

Thank you for your cell number.

As a reminder for others, here's the original plan we're now following:

10am: Meet at I40 Exit 154 in Mebane NC (the Tanger Outlets exit) at the Sheetz (1237 Mebane Oaks Road, Mebane, NC)
10:15am: Depart Sheetz
11:45am: Arrive at I85 Exit 76 in Salisbury NC at the ******* Barrel for lunch (1070 Freeland Dr, Salisbury, NC)
1:15pm: Depart ******* Barrel for VOI
2pm: Arrive at VOI site (plenty of time for hotel check-in, registration, attending the afternoon driving information session, etc.)

Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the VA/MD folks.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the drama and any confusion, but our upcoming club president Chris Mendler convinced the powers that be to have the 4pm Petty Q&A session as originally scheduled (yay Chris!), so the original caravan schedule will be reinstated, which is as follows:

10am: Meet at I40 Exit 154 in Mebane NC (the Tanger Outlets exit) at the Sheetz (1237 Mebane Oaks Road, Mebane, NC)
10:15am: Depart Sheetz
11:45am: Arrive at I85 Exit 76 in Salisbury NC at the ******* Barrel for lunch (1070 Freeland Dr, Salisbury, NC)
1:15pm: Depart ******* Barrel for VOI
2pm: Arrive at VOI site (plenty of time for hotel check-in, registration, attending the afternoon driving information session, etc.)

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should be able to meet with the Raleigh gang then head to Mebane with everyone. Most of you know mornings and I do not get along! :cool:

I know helmets will be provided to some extent at VOI, but do we have any members that have some to lend out? I've tried to find a few to borrow to no avail. Not being a track or drag guy (yet), I am not going to fork over $400 for a helmet anytime soon (let alone 2!).

Man, I am excited and ready to go!!!! :2tu:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have fun driving "down" tomorrow............the party is almost over when you arrive in your backyard!
:)

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperGTS, it is a grueling 2.5 hour drive from Raleigh to Charlotte. :) But a longer caravan would be fun. Next VOI...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper