Need advise re: seat belt harness installation

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all,
In the near future I will be installing the Autoform rear panel with the cutouts for racing seat belt harness.
Has anyone here done this?
I have removed my rear panel before, (no big deal) but was wondering if there are any tricks to installing the belts, and the Autoform panel.
Any ideas on what type of belts work the best...?
I will be leaving my stock (94 RT/10) seats in place as well as my stock shoulder belt, (for normal driving).
Is it true that there are allready threaded holes to mount the harnesses?
Any good ideas on this would be nice.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Look at the instructions to install five point harnesses in the how to section under "Team Tech Install" and "Racing harness" and verify that the inserts are already installed into the top of your frame piece. I had to use a hole saw and drill through the plastic to find mine on my 1999 RT/10. There were dimples in the plastic used to locate where to drill. I was initially fooled by the empty holes with tape over them in the top of the frame piece, I have no idea what those holes are for but they were definitely not tapped and would not have worked. The location called out for the center bolt hole for the Team Tech Install underneath the seats was spot on, Thanks Henry! It would have been a nightmare removing the carpet to find that bolt hole in the floor. The rear panel was a pain to install on my RT/10, but I also installed the roll bar. It is probably much easier to install without the roll bar. I had to file off about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch around the sections that go around the bars to get the piece to fit correctly.

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team Tech six points is the way to go. The Team Tech's come with good instructions that walk you through the install. I have installed then in two Vipers and the threaded mounting holes were there. Others have had the same issues as JimT. Not a difficult install.

Good Luck