Need help from members who installed a 6pt harness.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered a 6pt harness from snake oyle, and it came with the worst instructions I have ever seen :curse: .
The shoulder bolts are self explanatory, however I assume you also used a nut and a washer for that bolt??
Here is the problem, they state to use two existing connections for the lap belts, one hex nut needs to be removed and one torx screw(eyebolts screw in here, one uses a sleeve), is this correct?
But, here is the Big problem :curse: :evilmad: , they state I need to drill holes in the seat cross member track, and insert the the camlock eyebolt in the hole I make :curse: , I feel this is wrong after doing a search of previous posts.
Can someone help me with where I need to screw the 2 belts for the cam and anti-sub belts.
Last time I purchase from snake oyl :hitfan: .
Many thanks for any help.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed 6 points in my SRT. The instruction that I received from Team Tech were reasonably good. I essence all 4 mounting points already exist. No drilling required.

The should belts use the 2 locations behind the plastic snap-in cover. there is tape over them but pretty easy to remove. Team Techs use eye bolts there for easy removal.

The inner lap and submarine belit (they shar the attachment) mount to a nut pre-welded into the tunnel. My instructions came with measurements to make finding the hole somewhat easy. I probed with an awl to find the hole. It is covered in a thick aluminum and rubber like tape which was not easy to punch through. You can remove the carpet to find it as well (I had to do that on the passenger side becasue I just could not find it).

The outer location is shared with the existing lap belt, having 3 belts on 1 fastener.

In no way should you have to mount something to the seat track or crossmember. That would only be true if you were installing 5 point belts.

Hope this helps.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you said you've already read previous posts on the issue, but just in case you missed this one, it might help.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=388085&Forum=UBB21&Words=installed%20my%20Team%20Tech%20six%20point%20harnesses%20yesterday&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=388085&Search=true#Post388085

I don't know about the SnakeOyl 6-points, but at least with the TeamTech 6-points, Ron is right, you shouldn't be doing anything with the seat track other.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Easy install. Finding the darn bolts on the tunnel was a bit challenging. Pull back or cut the carpeting if necessary. I bought the Teamtech's as well and I think they came with a video. Try the Teamtech website, maybe they'll have better instructions.

The install is exactly as GR8 ASP says. Submarine belts share the mounting bolts with the side seat belts, but the inside mounting holes are in the tunnel, not on the seat.

Top belts are easy.

It's a bit scary that our stock inside lap belts are mounted to the seat and not the car.

Good luck,

Dan

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you remove the seat before you begin the install. It will cut down on the time a LOT.

You should not have to drill any holes at all.

Are these the Team Tech belts? If they aren't, then send them back and get the Team Tech belts. They are designed for the SRT-10 and the holes are already pre-drilled.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang