NEED HELP. MBX PILLAR POD INSTALL Q's

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am too impatient to wait for Mike Baxter to call me back so for those that have this on their GTS a few simple Questions. First I assume it is a pressure fit install and it doesnt physically bolt in place, right? Secondly is actually fitting it. I know the bottom portion of the pillar sort of slips in behind the dash to secure that end but its the top portion I am confused with. Do you just push it flush against the pillar and done or does the top slip into the roof trim somehow securing that end? Anyone have so good pics of it installed in their cars. I am thinking that I should have just gone with a single pod holder above the steering column because I can't see this pillar pod working great. Am I wrong? Please advise.

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well it looks like I needed a little break from staring at it and I got it in perfect. The top did tuck in under the roof trim to hold it in snug.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does slip in pretty nicely. You just have to take your time and loosen the dash piece. I ended up taking off the visor because I didn't want to bend the roof liner and have a crease in it. But after I played with it a few times I didn't really need to remove the visor.

One thing to be careful is to not scratch up your dash with the bottom of this pod. The plastic is sharp and made some scratches on my dash.

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It does slip in pretty nicely. You just have to take your time and loosen the dash piece. I ended up taking off the visor because I didn't want to bend the roof liner and have a crease in it. But after I played with it a few times I didn't really need to remove the visor.

One thing to be careful is to not scratch up your dash with the bottom of this pod. The plastic is sharp and made some scratches on my dash.
I took the left screw out of the visor to get mine to finally go in too. And I agree on the bottom causing scratches/nicks. It got me there too in a small spot. No biggie though it isnt visible with the gauge in place. When removed I might need a dab of touchup to make it disappear. Directions should have come with the pod though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson