Need info on shipping Viper half way across US...prices? Reliable shippers?

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

I did a search of the forum on shipping vipers...and came up empty. I thought I'd seen some mention before on this...

Can someone give me ball park price on shipping a viper from the NE of the US to the New Orleans area? How long would it take? Do you need to take out special insurance for this?

Do ya'll have shippers you'd recommend? What do I need to look for in a shipper...are the bonded, etc?

Thanks in advance...I'm trying to lay the ground work for getting one here...

Cayenne :D

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Gary Almond..........he is the best. Great guy, and a Viper owner to boot. He will take care of your baby like he did mine, and all the others that have used him. His # is 240-994-1343.

Bindy

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need info on shipping Viper half way across US...prices? Reliable shipp

#1 Choice is Gary Almond. However, he is usually backed up a couple weeks due to demand. 240-994-1343

#2 Choice is Passport Transport. I've used them a couple times and have never been disappointed. www.passporttransport.com

I'm sure others will have suggestions.

DN

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
EASY...buy from Woodhouse, and their people will deliver the car to you where ever you are...great people, good rates, and NO DAMAGE.

Can try Horseless Carrage, InterCity...rates vary with load and time...if you have a couple of weeks, and do not require exact times, rates are less.

There was a thread here 1-2 weeks ago about a guy that was a transporter with a good rep...

BE SURE that the individual has full and appropriate "commercial" (for lack of proper word) insurance for car hauling, as MANY "bargain" folks skip over this or try to hide this FATAL FLAW since the insurance is very expensive.

OP
OP
C

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Horseless Carriage. No problems.

http://www.horselesscarriage.com

They were actually cheaper than some of the real small shops. Cost was $850

Ok...so, about $850-$1K would be a reasonable amount to expect?

Sounds reasonable. Personally, I'm wanting to buy and drive it home....but, just in case work, vacation days...etc. don't work out...I need a backup plan.

Thanks for all the replies!

C

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Gary Almond..........he is the best. Great guy, and a Viper owner to boot. He will take care of your baby like he did mine, and all the others that have used him. His # is 240-994-1343.

Bindy

Call GaryA and do not waste your time with anyone else! He's the best and most trustworthy out there! To top it off he's one of us, and treats every car he transports like his own--except he doesn't drive it! :p

Ted B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine shipped about that far (700 miles) for $500. It was an open transport, so you'd want to make sure the car had a cover before you went that route.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAS.
I just had my 94RT/10 shipped from washington, enclosed carrier, top rack...from Wa to TX...$1100. It came in before schedule and the guarantee 2weeks. The cheapest and quickest without sacrificing much quality.
Brent Irish

Internet Sales

(800) 726.2693 Ext. 5051

(469) 587.5051 (Direct)

www.dependableautoshippers.com

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang