Need insurance advice....Just wrecked my Black Beauty!

fixumm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i will say that most body shops **** and dealers are worse.i deal with this stuff all day and it all depends on dollars as i due a lot for farmers. they should pay the shop to due a tear down and get a good estimate up on it. Farmers here is 80% before a total and they will use after market or used parts but every state has different laws on this.if it is a fixxer find a good shop that will back up what they due not the 1 year deal then you are on your own. and if you go thru a DRP it should have a life time warrenty with it but that don't mean much as i fix a lot of cars that other shops mess up but then i can't guarantee what i did as i am just making there stuff look better i will not get paid to redue the whole job.....your agent will know someone as they do not want a bad shop to work on one of there customers cars because then he will have to live with you or you will go else were and he will lose your business.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Farmers Insurance, in Cali. They will not pay any loss of value. I was told they feel once the car is repaired by a professional facility, it is as good as new.

In Feb 05, a 90 year old ran over my 99 Prowler with her Volvo, bending the frame and totaling the car.

Farmers wanted to try to repair the alum frame. I had to :buttkick: to keep them from "Trying" this. It was a pain, but the car finally got totaled. I kept the car here on my property, in its trailer, until I got the settlement I wanted. If it had been in a place where they could have picked it up, it would have been game over...

I bought back the car, and sold it to a local auto body guy, who fixed it, and is still driving it.

In the end the CarFax showed a frontal accident, but the title never was "Salvaged"