New 06 coupe questions--Palm Beach FL

red94viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently purchased a 06 FE coupe and am looking for some help.
First off, I am looking to put on some type of clear bra. Any suggestions as to best one out there to use on this car. Also, does anyone know of a good installer for the clear bra in the Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale area.
Secondly, I have noticed a large amount of brake dust from normal around town usage. Is it worth putting on aftermarket pads to help reduce this. I did it with my 02 FE with good results and am looking for any thoughts on the matter. Thanks in advance

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with the bra topic. I have an 02 FE - how do you feel about the 06 compared to the 02? If you sold the 02, any regrets?

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine just had the 3M clear bra done to his Ford GT by a local guy in Ft. Laud. He was real happy with the job. Sounds like this guys an independant jobber. The installer's name is Jim at 954 254 5955. You may want to check him out. I have not seen his work. good luck.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First off, I am looking to put on some type of clear bra. Any suggestions as to best one out there to use on this car. Secondly, I have noticed a large amount of brake dust from normal around town usage. Is it worth putting on aftermarket pads to help reduce this.

I have 3m Clear Bra on my Viper - 3400 mls/2yrs not a ding. My windshield has a few in comparison.

I have low dust aftermarket pads on both my Viper and my SRT8, worth every penny to me, work very well reducing dust...

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy neighbor,

Joe at drivers seat, on Okeechobee Blvd, recommended a company in Boca but I never had it done.

As far as the dust, thats part of the killer brakes and I wouldn’t fool with them. IMO

Have you ever done the Mar-A-Lago luncheon in Palm Beach with the VCA? It’s a real nice event every year.

OP
OP
R

red94viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will have to check out Joe at Drivers Seat for the name of the co. in Boca. As for the brakes, I am amazed at how good they are and I would agree that a little dust is worth it. I put EBC's on my 02, but that was mainly because the squealing was driving me nuts.

When is the luncheon at Mar a Lago? Sounds like fun. Any other hangouts for local guys? Like to meet some of you.

OP
OP
R

red94viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 06 kind of fell in my lap as it was previously owned by my father and I couldn't beat the deal. That said, I still like the look and styling of the 02 better, but as far as performance and fit and finish, the 06 is better so far. Oddly, I assumed I would sell the 02 when I got the 06, but my father decided to take it and he says he likes driving the 02 better. So in conclusion, who the heck knows, everyone has their preference!

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Armor Glove of Florida do it; they came to the house and did a good job. In fact I had them come back and redo the rear wheel arch because of a yellow spot. Contact is 954-394-8250. Been on two years without major issues. It was 70.00 dollars front and rear wheel arches,100.00 for valences, and 160.00 for the side sills. 430.00 total. They also do contract work for Weston Nissan & Volvo.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called the guy in Boca, his name is Pepe if I recall. Something like www.autosupershield.com. Anyway, they were outrageous. Something like $599 for the kit, and then $300 for the install. I had researched other installers at the time and the going price seemed to be $550-$650 installed. I ultimately passed.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mar A Largo is usually around February. Join the VCA and you’ll get informed through Ivan ***.

I was thinking we should work a VCA event around the Ferrari show at the Breakers in January.

mdviper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was quoted $1,400.00 by PROFORM installed........what really is an "average price"?

Hood, Fenders, Mirrors, Door Edges, Headlights, Foglights and Front Bumper.....

Reaction score
I called the guy in Boca, his name is Pepe if I recall. Something like www.autosupershield.com. Anyway, they were outrageous. Something like $599 for the kit, and then $300 for the install. I had researched other installers at the time and the going price seemed to be $550-$650 installed. I ultimately passed.

I used Pepe on my 05', he does nice work, takes his time, stands behing his product, yet (YES) he's very expensive. I think I paid $1,200.00 plus, he did everything on the car that needed the 3m Clearbra, including up onto the hood, rear impact points, side sills, etc. Would I do it again, yes, probably.